Dream guitars

20220608_082813.jpg
Sick KE1T

For the last 15 years or so my dream guitar has been a Les Paul R0. I've never played one so I honestly don't know if I'd like it as I tend to like larger frets. At the prices they are now I'm pretty sure it's unobtanium for me.
I have had several nice Hamers over the years, including #1 of 9 Custom Shop.

These two are currently on my Dream list. Ive never owned any Jackson Dave Mustaine guitars. I grew up on his dean guitars and my first Dave Mustaine guitar was in 2010... dean angel of death. I was 13.Anywho, trying to get into Daves greatest era, Jacksons.

Attachments

• 34101__10_4000x.progressive copy.jpg
    34101__10_4000x.progressive copy.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 35
  • img-5358_1_orig.jpg
    img-5358_1_orig.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 46
man this is tough. I'm kind of schizo ...some days it would be a custom shop Charvel or Luxxetone, other days a really great 60's strat, other days a super hot-rodded tele like the Suhr Andy Wood.

I actually was able to get a dream guitar of mine. This would be a BC Rich Mockingbird that was custom built to the original "Slash" specs. BC Rich makes a custom shop and import version of the "SL" Mockingbird, but this one was built as per the original, with non-super fancy maple top and Kahler trem. I wasn't really searching for it, but happened upon on it accidentally. I got it from a guy in Canada, and it got stuck in customs for weeks, so I wasn't even sure I was ever going to get it, but one day Fedex drove up and there it was.

Slash.jpg

Suhr Reb Beach.

Just bought this Chubtone and it is a very nice supplement.

Attachments

• F27AD77F-EB58-427E-90C1-33D45A8505EF.jpeg
    F27AD77F-EB58-427E-90C1-33D45A8505EF.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 24
5pBr8t9l.jpg

I've always liked this one. I think it was actually posted by a member here a bunch of years ago. The inlay is great. My memory says it was a trans red, but I guess I didn't save any photos of it complete.

I really want a Barlow Osprey in a 9 for drop and an 11 for standard 7+bass. I really love them go ahead and laugh. Builder has double/tripled his prices in a short time though. 😿
nfk8mhivcsukeeyvre6f.webp
jvhgdguhuf1jqxop5wuw.webp

Also love that Explorer build by Crimson Guitars. That in a multiscale 🫶
2020-build6of20-cHd_1500x.jpg

Love these Balaguer builds I put together on their website, but $5k each for MIK without a case even. Tough sell...
LISA8A.jpg

LISA8.jpg

Also a Violin shaped like a SG, and built from Fiemme Valley spruce. Sorry no pictures, no love out there.

For me the right ‘50’s Jr & Marchione. I’m lucky to have a ‘57 Jr and Marchione (my 2 best guitars), but have played others of those 2 that I liked even more than mine lol. Tao would be right after those 2 for me. Maybe if I tried a GNG could be another, but wouldn’t expect to be quite the same league as those other 3
Jr stands for an LP Jr? Because only other Jr that comes to mind is Rodriguez Jr, but timeframes do not align.

Marchione looks quite interesting. Show yours pls, tell about it more. What sets it apart?

What about some Ruokangas? Or Tom Bartlett? Or Gil Yaron? I heard they make sick LP-style guitars.

And Tao I rechecked now, to be sure. Honestly, looks like a carpentry class, and a weird one I must say. But hey, I am a barbarian of sorts, so I might be missing something and would gladly learn from you if I do. Has some Teuffel vibes too. In modern department I’d take a Carillion, EQ, Rusty, Padalka or goddamn Vik over it any day, any time.

I really want a Barlow Osprey in a 9 for drop and an 11 for standard 7+bass. I really love them go ahead and laugh. Builder has double/tripled his prices in a short time though. 😿
nfk8mhivcsukeeyvre6f.webp
jvhgdguhuf1jqxop5wuw.webp

Also love that Explorer build by Crimson Guitars. That in a multiscale 🫶
2020-build6of20-cHd_1500x.jpg

Love these Balaguer builds I put together on their website, but $5k each for MIK without a case even. Tough sell...
View attachment 196006
View attachment 196009

Also a Violin shaped like a SG, and built from Fiemme Valley spruce. Sorry no pictures, no love out there.
MIK for 5k?! Some Strandberg level business management lol

Back