NAD: Marshall JCM800 4010

CurlOfTheBurl

And it rocks! I’m thinking probably early ‘84 due to the S serial number and vertical inputs. There are two holes in the back… I’m guessing they were an effects loop. Haven’t had the circuit checked for mods. Also has an unvented T3760 G12T-75. Black label with a white stripe through it.

Haven’t had a chance to really crank it yet—hoping to tomorrow.

But even at really low volumes, it sounds great. I did play a little loud at the shop and it sounded great, so I think this is a really good one.

Looks well used, like it had some stickers on it but I can’t feel the residue.

Now looking to see if Sourmash will build me a head cabinet, then get an upside down faceplate to make it a mini 2204.

So pumped about this one!

Attachments

• FF55C97E-859E-4772-99A7-B1CBD0BDF9EB.jpeg
    FF55C97E-859E-4772-99A7-B1CBD0BDF9EB.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 42
I had one of those for a long time. I also put it into a sour mash headshell. Love the 2204. Best amps ever.

Got mine in a cross country CL deal a few weeks ago, had the guy ship it to me. I redid the grill cloth, recapped and converted to EL34s, then rolled some NOS preamp tubes. This thing sings! The cab is pretty haggard, so I will eventually have Sour Mash make me an ivory colored one. They said $340 plus shipping. I need to sell my Friedman DS combo before I dump more money into this one though.

Got mine in a cross country CL deal a few weeks ago, had the guy ship it to me. I redid the grill cloth, recapped and converted to EL34s, then rolled some NOS preamp tubes. This thing sings! The cab is pretty haggard, so I will eventually have Sour Mash make me an ivory colored one. They said $340 plus shipping. I need to sell my Friedman DS combo before I dump more money into this one though.

Looks great! hw do you like it compared to your Dirty Shirley?

And it rocks! I’m thinking probably early ‘84 due to the S serial number and vertical inputs. There are two holes in the back… I’m guessing they were an effects loop. Haven’t had the circuit checked for mods. Also has an unvented T3760 G12T-75. Black label with a white stripe through it.

Haven’t had a chance to really crank it yet—hoping to tomorrow.

But even at really low volumes, it sounds great. I did play a little loud at the shop and it sounded great, so I think this is a really good one.

Looks well used, like it had some stickers on it but I can’t feel the residue.

Now looking to see if Sourmash will build me a head cabinet, then get an upside down faceplate to make it a mini 2204.

So pumped about this one!
Congrats on a killer amp!

It beats the DS in tone. But the DS is built like a tank and the Marshall is not as well built. However, the Marshal wins.
DS has pots and tubes mounted to the board doesn't it? If so, I think the Marshall is probably built better. Maybe not as tidy inside, but from my experience all Marshall, other the a Marshall Major, prior to the 2 channels 800's are pretty bullet proof. Tone matters most and would not worry about reliability wit that amp at all. Nice score! enjoy!

Back