Help installing VST plugin

WhiteShadow

Sometimes I download plugins on my PC, and when I go into the file, I get this kind of crap, and I don't know how to start the installation process. Was hoping you guys could help me.

You click where it has downloaded at the bottom and it pulls up these files

1656254174170.png

Then you click on the VST3 File and it brings up this
1656254117474.png

1656254283509.png

Then you choose one from the menu, and it brings up this
1656254382673.png

No matter which one you choose, it just takes you in a circle
I've extracted all the files in the zip folder. Not sure why they send you this when you download it, but can you guys help me with this?

Thanks!

It isn't an executable file. You have to put it in a directory where you store vst3 files (e.g. "C:\Program Files\Common Files\vst3"), and then load it via your DAW (Cubase, Reaper, etc.). Make sure your DAW looks in that directory for its plugins.

It isn't an executable file. You have to put it in a directory where you store vst3 files (e.g. "C:\Program Files\Common Files\vst3"), and then load it via your DAW (Cubase, Reaper, etc.). Make sure your DAW looks in that directory for its plugins.
I've got no clue how to do that. It just automatically sticks it wherever it is when I try to download it.

I created a "VST Plugins" folder and move all of the VST3 and .dll files in there. When you download new plugins, route them into there. Just make sure the Plugins are in the root of the file and not in subfolders (you can keep the subfolders in there for the text files, licensing, etc.). How you DAW find that folder is specific to your DAW, but it's all the same. Go into your DAW and set it up to find your "VST Plugins" folder and your DAW will load them in and you can use them.

The plugins are plugins and not standalone apps. Sometimes they come with standalone apps, but these will be different from the plugins. The plugins have to be used by a DAW to work.

The "HOW TO INSTALL" text file top-of-the-list you posted should've told you to copy / move the .vst3 file to the appropriate folder bro'? :dunno:

I'm like you brother - a dusty old fart, so I've learned to always read accompanying instructions. :LOL:

Back