Shipping problems are out of control

firegate

Anyone else notice that shipping problems are completely out of control now? I mean it's never been great but right now I'm dealing with:

Ibanez J-Custom I bought shipped UPS 2-day, supposed to arrive last Tuesday. Delayed due to "severe weather" no update on where the package actually is and no updated arrival date. There's been absolutely no weather between me and the shipper, clear skies all around.

Custom CNC-cut pickguard I ordered for a Strat I'm building. Shipped USPS Priority on June 3. On June 13, USPS updated the tracker to say "Arriving Late". No updates, no pickguard.

Guess that doesn't matter much because the pickups I bought to go with it...you guessed it...USPS, "Arriving Late", no updates since June 17.

So someone buys my 71 Marshall JMP from me, I figure with all my UPS/USPS problems I'll try Fedex, pack it up and send it off Wednesday AM via Fedex Ground. Was supposed to get there Friday but looks like it hasn't left town yet. I should have just driven it out to the guy, it's just 4 hours up the road. Ha at least their stupid tracking knows where the package is, more than I can say for the other three.

So damned frustrating, I get things are tough right now but prices to ship have fucking doubled and you're lucky if the shit you bought shows up within 2 weeks of when it was supposed to. I could maybe get it if I was in the middle of nowhere, but I'm in one of the biggest parts of the country. How is every damned shipper a complete disaster right now?

It's crazy how things have gotten so fucked up. I'm in a 2-day long line at an airport trying to get a rebook due to delayed flight. Same thing happened on my flight here. All kinds of lost luggage with my coworkers. Zero chance I was checking a bag.

Weird I've literally had zero problems except for a tube order in May of last year... and I've bought multiple amps and guitars as well as several hardcases, and literally dozens of smaller orders in the last six months. I've had some stuff that missed scans in shipping, but nothing that went missing or was more than a day late.

It's crazy how things have gotten so fucked up. I'm in a 2-day long line at an airport trying to get a rebook due to delayed flight. Same thing happened on my flight here. All kinds of lost luggage with my coworkers. Zero chance I was checking a bag.
So I got a free hotel night and almost 24-hours in Amsterdam. I am not disappointed.

I've had no shipping issues US or Can at this point. I ordered a couple of items and they came on time and some actually earlier, believe it or not. Perhaps it is an issue in your local area? I have a couple of items that I am ordering next week for my vehicle so we shall see how long those take.

Totally sucks having to wait for something you want (like the J-Custom!) and not know where things are.

Hope it arrives and make sure you post a pic of it!

I’ve had a lot of problems with FedEx in particular. Shipping estimates are consistently wrong by a couple days and don’t update u til the day after they missed their own deadline. Even worse are the delivery people they employ these days and their absolute minimum of effort and giving of fucks.

UPS has been pretty solid for me in comparison, but the same dude has delivered UPS to our address for years and he kicks ass.

I’ve had nothing but problems with Fedex and UPS over the last 6 mths.
USPS has been absolutely phenomenal!

Shipping issues are bad. A guy sent a guitar to me, Seattle to SF area, it was supposed to arrive in a 2 days. 5 days later it’s still sitting in his town because UPS won’t let the truck leave unless there are a certain amount of packages, a minimum requirement. It arrived way late.

I sent a Custom Shop Axcess to a guy right outside of Atlanta via FedEx. It arrived at a hub very close to him. And there it sat for OVER 3 WEEKS. The outside temp was around 105, and in the warehouse it was much hotter. I was worried about the guitar roasting in the extreme heat. They would not let the buyer pick up the guitar at the hub. So, at that point they declared the guitar missing because sadly, they could no longer find it. Eventually they found it and the buyer got it around a month after it was sent.

I have a mountain bike inbound and it was supposed to arrive 5 days ago, and now the tracking is showing a mysterious bad weather delay. Where is this bad weather and what exactly is it?

Yeah, shipping is crap.

Shipping issues are bad. A guy sent a guitar to me, Seattle to SF area, it was supposed to arrive in a 2 days. 5 days later it’s still sitting in his town because UPS won’t let the truck leave unless there are a certain amount of packages, a minimum requirement. It arrived way late.

I sent a Custom Shop Axcess to a guy right outside of Atlanta via FedEx. It arrived at a hub very close to him. And there it sat for OVER 3 WEEKS. The outside temp was around 105, and in the warehouse it was much hotter. I was worried about the guitar roasting in the extreme heat. They would not let the buyer pick up the guitar at the hub. So, at that point they declared the guitar missing because sadly, they could no longer find it. Eventually they found it and the buyer got it around a month after it was sent.

I have a mountain bike inbound and it was supposed to arrive 5 days ago, and now the tracking is showing a mysterious bad weather delay. Where is this bad weather and what exactly is it?

Yeah, shipping is crap.
Its the bad juju lingering over America at the moment

Post Covid... the US has become acceptably mediocre on service and goods... starting with transportation (plane, trains, auto), baby formula, processor chips, food.... name it.. people now are accepting the fact that its just not available now and suck it.

Yeah, shipping is crap.
Yeah man, I'm back in the bay again too. I wonder if it's a thing for our area?

Yeah man, I'm back in the bay again too. I wonder if it's a thing for our area?

Perhaps it is? I know for instance that one of my local delivery woman, she just despises most of my neighbors. (She is young and pretty and they treat her bad and in return she messes with them) Many of my neighbors are insane elitists who seem to think they can do what ever they want.

But that only amounts to local problems, so it’s not the large majority.

I mailed a pistol barrel (barrel only, which you can buy anywhere and have shipped anywhere in the US with no FFL) in a USPS small flat rate box to a guy in FL. He never got it. USPS said they delivered it. I'm sure they did, but not to the right address. They denied my insurance claim because they said it was marked delivered and the GPS showed it had been. Unreal. I appealed a few times and they finally accused me of mailing a gun without an FFL, basically telling me to go away or they'd refer me to ATF. So outrageous.

I mailed a pistol barrel (barrel only, which you can buy anywhere and have shipped anywhere in the US with no FFL) in a USPS small flat rate box to a guy in FL. He never got it. USPS said they delivered it. I'm sure they did, but not to the right address. They denied my insurance claim because they said it was marked delivered and the GPS showed it had been. Unreal. I appealed a few times and they finally accused me of mailing a gun without an FFL, basically telling me to go away or they'd refer me to ATF. So outrageous.
Yeah. Recently I bought some uncommon “Berlin wall” rifle ammo which would have been nice BUT when box arrived to my home…. No ammo. Box opened. 😕.

Back