There is not a single Cameron in anyone’s backline

• Thread starter Deleted member 13074
  • Start date
I almost replied with a “you’ve got to be kidding”, but no, of course that happened. I guess he just threw it on the 6 storey skyscraper Cameron amp pile. Those G.I. Joe action figures look rad sitting on top, like they’re guarding it.

I haven’t seen. Rockin chippy video in a long while, but I remember him having a very large assortment of toys and Knick knacks. Forget those GI Joe’s, man, if you are a child of the 80s, what were those awesome little trucks and 4c4s powered by a single double A battery, Rough Riders? They could tear through puddles and mud and were indestructible, even the early teen years when WD40 and a lighter seemed like an awesome thing to play with.

I remember flaming ?Rough Riders? Piloted by a Luke Skywalker action figure (glued to it) delivering a terrific flaming inferno as we had BB gun wars with life preservers and motor cycle helmets . That was the most dreaded form of warfare in our wars. It was a terrifying and terrific delivery system of misery and fear. If you were in dry bush and you saw that coming you had no choice but to expose yourself to extinguish a potential disaster for you and your team. And many times the game ended and all of us were stomping out a fire incinerating our shoes and pants.

The folly of youth. But god damn, what truly awesome carefree times.

The same NAMM where he threw a tantrum after a Friedman artist (or was it Suhr?) refused to sign his amp and pose for pics with him, which resulted in him storming off and swearing he’ll sell off all associated gear from said artist?

Hard not to judge and berate a personality like that, taken all other things into account.

I remember that. Didnt he actually name the artist online and rip the dude pretty hard? All because he would not put a rockin chippy t shirt in or something?

That was my amp. I sent Mark a 50 watt Canadian JCM 800 and he never mentioned anything about gooping or spray painting the inside. When I opened it up to see his work I was pretty upset. It sounded good but the amp was rendered non serviceable after that mod, goop, and spray paint. It also took almost 2 years to get back and the only reason why I got it back was because kurtstuff was at Mark's house and he was kind enough to take it out of there and ship it back to me.

Whoa!! I thought kurtstuff lost his old account and became jcmtone1. I thought you were kurtstuff for a long time.

A bunch of people gave that scamming piece of shit a lot of money and amps. The secrets are out, there's no magic anymore. There are 3-4 guys on this forum who can do what Scameron could and you won't find crack residue in your amp...and you'll get your amp back!

Haha if anyone out there can mod me an Ocean I'd freaking love it, I got to play one years ago and it really was killer. No way in hell I'd roll the dice and send one to Mark though, sounds like he's back to his old ways.

I get that it's one of those things that people want more and more because it's so elusive, but I will say the ones I've played live up to the hype in terms of how consistently great they sound cranked up and they're not temperamental. I have a 50w actual Jose and I LOVE the thing recorded where I can control the little details, but it's just a pain live - noisy, screechy when you pull the gain boost, bright as hell. Mark's Jose that I played, you could just plug right in and sound great without all the hassle.

In either case there are so many other great flavors of modded Marshall out there without the headaches. Friedman, Splawn, Suhr/CAA. I'd happily play one of Mark's amps if the drama wasn't there but not worth the drama or the hassle at this point.

I
The same NAMM where he threw a tantrum after a Friedman artist (or was it Suhr?) refused to sign his amp and pose for pics with him, which resulted in him storming off and swearing he’ll sell off all associated gear from said artist?

Hard not to judge and berate a personality like that, taken all other things into accou

Hard not to judge and berate a personality like that, taken all other things into account.
Is this internet folklore or is there a video? Sounds hilarious.

The Aldrich mod I had was gooped and had some other weird stuff going on inside. I didn't like it and quickly sold it.

Attachments

• 20200908_221930.jpg
    20200908_221930.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 73
  • 20200908_222046.jpg
    20200908_222046.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 70
what the actual fuck is all of that...
being high as fuck and soldering a whole bunch of shit together is the only logical explanation

what the actual fuck is all of that...
being high as fuck and soldering a whole bunch of shit together is the only logical explanation
It actually is a quick and dirty way to make a shield , it works , you'll see it inside some diezel amps believe it or not. But neater lol and no goop ! Ha

It actually is a quick and dirty way to make a shield , it works , you'll see it inside some diezel amps believe it or not. But neater lol and no goop ! Ha
Clever actually.

I fabricated a test shield for my setup and couldn’t get it shielded tight enough for my high gain build. People don’t understand how much shielding actually matters in high gain mods in terms of stability and isolation. I was wondering how in the world you could shield just one input Jack and that’s very novel use of bus wire and solder to get a custom shape.

For my custom build, I’m going to have to make a new relay control board but isolate the whole thing in an RF cage. The relays themselves are susceptible to coupling causing oscillation from a switch mode supply I have in the chassis. Total PITA.

Attachments

• 86A1ABAE-A619-429C-B89B-ED666158D255.jpeg
    86A1ABAE-A619-429C-B89B-ED666158D255.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Back