My Personal Modded Marshall & Modded Les Paul Custom

NewReligion

My Modified 1989 Les Paul Custom Straight In To My Hopkins Pandora Modified 2203 1980 JMP.

I removed all of the 1989 electronics (Stock Bill Lawrence etc…) & set her up with a 498-T & 490-R single conductor wire in addition to all 500k pots wired 50’s style using single conductor wire & Sprague OD .022uf caps like my Standard.

I love this set. I can play for hours. It certainly sounds as if I need to for certain.

Last edited:
Is the amp going into a load box first or is it just low volume? I’d love to hear what your amps can do at volume.

Great tone and you can tell your practice has made insane improvements after your hand surgery.

Thanks for sharing! No tone like the modded Marshall tone. You’ve nailed it! I tend to like more bite and brightness in my Marshall’s since I associate that with them in general but it’s all personal preferences 😎

Is the amp going into a load box first or is it just low volume? I’d love to hear what your amps can do at volume.

Great tone and you can tell your practice has made insane improvements after your hand surgery.

Thanks for sharing! No tone like the modded Marshall tone. You’ve nailed it! I tend to like more bite and brightness in my Marshall’s since I associate that with them in general but it’s all personal preferences 😎

Hello @glpg80

I use no load boxes. The Master Volume on most of my circuits are user friendly at a whisper. The amp retains its sonic structure when turned up as it is avPost PI Master Volume.

When cranked it does indeed bring out the blooming chords, singing solo lines & familiars Marshall bite with growl but not fatiguing.

Anti Fatigue & Fizz was & still is why I started modifying these circuits in the beginning.

Thank you for listening & posting my friend. I appreciate your assessment of my post surgery right hand work. I still have a long road ahead. 😉

David

Hello @glpg80

I use no load boxes. The Master Volume on most of my circuits are user friendly at a whisper. The amp retains its sonic structure when turned up as it is avPost PI Master Volume.

When cranked it does indeed bring out the blooming chords, singing solo lines & familiars Marshall bite with growl but not fatiguing.

Anti Fatigue & Fizz was & still is why I started modifying these circuits in the beginning.

Thank you for listening & posting my friend. I appreciate your assessment of my post surgery right hand work. I still have a long road ahead. 😉

David
Your playing is just fine and your phrasing is :rock:

I hate fizz too. I wanted bite and bark but not thin and hollow which as a modder and designer you can appreciate how hard that is to accomplish.

I’ve always loved your amps. Please make a video one day in a band setting with it opened up a bit moving some air 🤘

Thanks for sharing and great job in all aspects!

Your playing is just fine and your phrasing is :rock:

I hate fizz too. I wanted bite and bark but not thin and hollow which as a modder and designer you can appreciate how hard that is to accomplish.

I’ve always loved your amps. Please make a video one day in a band setting with it opened up a bit moving some air 🤘

Thanks for sharing and great job in all aspects!
Thank you. Out of interest, what are you playing over now?

David

Thank you. Out of interest, what are you playing over now?

David
Guitar wise I switch between my 88 charvel 475XL special and my 2018 Les Paul traditional.

Amp wise a 4 gain stage jcm800 I’ve designed. It’s not a jake e Lee or YouTube mod. It’s a ground up voicing done by ear the hard way. Jeremy has a copy of the schematic, he actually said it’s close to his hellion build he designed but still different.

The Laney, Bogner, and Aldrich all get the most playtime. The metroplex gets the least - hence the classifieds. It can do high gain too but that’s not what it was built for - the others just outgun it.

Back