So whats special about Suhr guitars? Never played one.

fyZqzKW.jpg

This is crazy going back and noticing that this post is still on the first page of threads in the Suhr forum. The timeline:
2014- Asked about Suhr guitars.
2017- Purchases first Suhr guitar.
2023-Purchases second Suhr guitar.

My first Suhr is a Classic Pro HSS that has been the best playing and sounding guitar, and my main gig.
This new 2022 Dealer Select Classic S is just as amazing and has exceeded my expectations.

John Suhr is genius, and He is running the best serial guitar production. Suhr guitars playing perfect out of the box.

This is crazy going back and noticing that this post is still on the first page of threads in the Suhr forum. The timeline:
2014- Asked about Suhr guitars.
2017- Purchases first Suhr guitar.
2023-Purchases second Suhr guitar.

My first Suhr is a Classic Pro HSS that has been the best playing and sounding guitar, and my main gig.
This new 2022 Dealer Select Classic S is just as amazing and has exceeded my expectations.
Suhrs, Tylers, Tom Andersons, PRS, Lentz, LSL.....there is a long list. I have some of each. And Fender Custom Shop (team built & master built). And those are just someones interpretation of the classics (in my case Tele and Strat style). I would never claim to be an expert on any of this. All I know is the school of hands-on-hard-knocks in over 50yrs as a guitar and music enthusiast/everyday pick up the guitar and play it type player. Probably like you, I do it all because I love it. No other reason.

IMHO, I gotta say though (even if it's only in my head) there is definitely something in Fender and Gibson offerings that I don't find even in the finest interpretations of non-Fender, non-Gibson offerings. Neither good nor bad. Just something I feel and hear when I pick one up. I don't even need to plug it in. But this is just me although there may be others. Not everyone will agree, nor do I expect them to.

At that level, they are all usually very good and should be. All just a little different and all special in their own ways. There's one out there somewhere, with anyone who wants one, name on it.

There are also excellent non-custom shop/non private stock type, simple production models that many swear are just as good or maybe even better. And if those who claim they are, have one and are happy with it, then that's really all that matters.

If it sounds good to you, it is good. If you like it (whatever it is) that is all that matters.

If you're picking out the gear, the only person's happiness that's important is you. ;)

Back