Pickup recommendations for Charvel

ClintN667

Not really digging the full shred pickups on this dk24. Thinking of setting this guitar up in C or B standard. Any recommendations? I'm more of an old school death metal thrash guy than a modern metal guy.

JB is always my go to answer for just about any guitar. I never tune below D though and even that low is a rarity so take that FWIW.

Old thrash guy here, X2N loaded Charvel SoCal, sounds pretty good. For B standard I use my LTD F-250 with Black Winter, again, sounds great.

I believe you will not be disappointed. B thru BW has really nice growl and sounds good even on 25,5 scale.

Duncan Distortion for your needs/setup. It’s old school, but it’s tightness works great with modern lower tunings.

I would suggest a bareknuckle pup. I personally think they have some of the best pickups on the market...my opinion. Check out a Nailbomb, or Holy Diver.

I'm digging CustomCustom, Custom 5, and of course...JB!

Also really like the one the comes in the DeMartini whatever the fuck that is.

No experience with the exotics, but let us know!

Had a bunch of pickups in my Charvel and landed on a Duncan Alternative 8. It sounds perfect in it. Tight, big, aggressive. Smooth highs, not piercing.

I ended up grabbing a custom 5. Going to take it to my tech tomorrow for an install and setup. I could do the pup install myself but the setup my tech does is freaking perfect.

Back