5150 and Diezel Herbert. What a deadly combo!

Sounds like a winning combo to me!

I like the drums behind it too..the kicks are a bit to clicky for my taste...but the changes and grooves are really cool.

Sounds like a winning combo to me!

I like the drums behind it too..the kicks are a bit to clicky for my taste...but the changes and grooves are really cool.

Thanks brotha! I always appreciate the feedback. That’s always the game in metal, trying to make everything cut through. What makes me pull my hair out more than an anything is lack or clarity on any instrument. But ironically some of our favorite albums in this genre are incredibly muddy and undefined etc. but that’s the vibe. More automation on the drums would probably fix this though :)

fiddy one fiddy can never be counted out. It took a while for them to REALLY catch on as being a legit CLASSIC amp that companies even try to model, right along with the classic marshalls, fenders, boogies, and vox's. Remember in the late 90's early very early 2000's when they were 300-500 bucks a head used? I know i know... inflation. but it wasn't even that. no one took anything that said "peavey" or "crate" seriously back in those days. now we know the guys name who really designed it(james brown), and what else he has done, and those other amps get love too. I know it has its flaws (cold bias, ribbon cable issues, pain in the ass board rivits, dirty fx loop jacks reeking havoc, etc), but when they're healthy, they're monsters.

In Flames were using those amps when they "came up" and were first touring the states back in 99. thats when i really noticed them. I'm sure they weren't the first underground metal band to use them like they did, but it wasn't long after that, where everyone was using them. I know jesper strombald and bjorn gellotte were the only reasons i bought one. i was super green to amps, and was like "ok, i'll use what they use!" because of course colony and clayman sounded amazing.

fiddy one fiddy can never be counted out. It took a while for them to REALLY catch on as being a legit CLASSIC amp that companies even try to model, right along with the classic marshalls, fenders, boogies, and vox's. Remember in the late 90's early very early 2000's when they were 300-500 bucks a head used? I know i know... inflation. but it wasn't even that. no one took anything that said "peavey" or "crate" seriously back in those days. now we know the guys name who really designed it(james brown), and what else he has done, and those other amps get love too. I know it has its flaws (cold bias, ribbon cable issues, pain in the ass board rivits, dirty fx loop jacks reeking havoc, etc), but when they're healthy, they're monsters.

In Flames were using those amps when they "came up" and were first touring the states back in 99. thats when i really noticed them. I'm sure they weren't the first underground metal band to use them like they did, but it wasn't long after that, where everyone was using them. I know jesper strombald and bjorn gellotte were the only reasons i bought one. i was super green to amps, and was like "ok, i'll use what they use!" because of course colony and clayman sounded amazing.

You and me both homie. I heard clayman for the first time when I was 13 years old, I had absolutely NEVER heard anything like that tone in my life. It was literally alien to me. The first song I ever heard by in flames was swim, and I just couldn’t understand what my ears were hearing. That chainsaw grind in the mids is something still to this very day that influences me. Just the greatest album to me .

Do you have any isolated parts of the 5150 vs Herbet so we can hear the difference? Regardless, great sounding clip and I really need to try a 5150 sometime.

Back