Where is your optimal volume control placement?

SpiderWars

The original Strat puts it really close to the high E. The Les Paul puts the bridge volume pretty far away. Some designs put it so close to the switch that you bump the switch. Teles are wtf.

What's your perfect spot?

For me I think it's close to the original Strat location...just not so damn close. And I don't need 3 knobs anyway.

i started out on a strat copy, so the volume that close works fine for me. i remember having an esp m-ii where it was actually too close and i bumped it quite a bit. So for me, its the standard strat spot.

i started out on a strat copy, so the volume that close works fine for me. i remember having an esp m-ii where it was actually too close and i bumped it quite a bit. So for me, its the standard strat spot.
Same, the Strat location for me is perfect. I'm constantly riding the volume when I play so it's convenient to just adjust it with my pinky without my hand having to leave picking position. Learned how to play with it right there so it doesn't really get in my way.

This is the correct location.

IMG_0643.jpeg

Anywhere away from the strings, I have a habit of wrapping my little finger around the bridge pickup and it extends down when I’m playing high strings. So fender Strats and older Jackson’s I have to move the volume knob.

Removed entirely. Along with the neck pickup and pickup selector switch.
That's what the kill switch is for.
On and off. Balls out or dead silent.
The way the metal gods intended.
Anything else is blasphemous.

I like it quickly accessible. My TA Drop Top is the perfect location. When I ordered a Warmoth body I didn’t have them put holes in it and used my TA as a template

I like it in line with the bridge pickup mounting screws and about 2” away from the pickup. I think this is officially called the ‘DeLonge’ position. Not my guitar (sadly) but a killer Chubtone build with my desired volume location:

Attachments

• A1B28F9E-4542-4BB8-9400-E1A9D5176457.jpeg
    A1B28F9E-4542-4BB8-9400-E1A9D5176457.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 23
I prefer the volume about an inch directly under the bridge pickup. Easy access while still being out of the way. My super strats all have it there.

Back