Selling the best amp / guitar / pedal you’ve ever played!

+1

Great sounding and best ever arent the same thing. I’ll die with my 74 Marshall or my Laney GH100S. If either of those go up for sale, something is very wrong.

I did have to sell my all original 1971 1992 Superbass to @phil b to help pay for medical bills (along with a gofundme) of one of my, at the time, recently rescued and formally abused huskies. At the time it was the only thing of value I could sell for low dollar. Sometimes even the rarest go up for reasons out of the sellers control.

Aforementioned pet tax:

View attachment 126412
want to pet the dog. Want to play the GH100s. Not in that order

I sold the best amp I ever played.

Cameron modded (Jose) SLP RI I bought from Chubtone

Best amp ever, at 140dB. Even being in a loud rock band, it was unusable for me. What a glorious amp tho.

My DeMartini USA Charvel is one of my least favorite guitars and I should love it but haven't bonded with it. My Chubtone kicks it's ass. I think I got it more for nostalgia. It is a great guitar but love my other axes better.

My DeMartini USA Charvel is one of my least favorite guitars and I should love it but haven't bonded with it. My Chubtone kicks it's ass. I think I got it more for nostalgia. It is a great guitar but love my other axes better.
Regular occurrence.....but I’m pretty sure if / when you sell it you won’t list it as “ The BEST guitar I’ve ever owned or played!”

Funny, I’ll say that one of the best playing guitars I’ve ever had in my hands is @Jdub’s PRS hollow McCarty....and that’s a guitar I could never own, for all sorts of reasons....but damn it’s ridiculous

I sold the best amp I ever played.

Cameron modded (Jose) SLP RI I bought from Chubtone

Best amp ever, at 140dB. Even being in a loud rock band, it was unusable for me. What a glorious amp tho.
That is tough. I push the limits of bedroom player, and i never play above 115. Most of the time 107. 140 is where you got to put the amp in another room even at a gig just to mic and put through sound system at lower db.
The loudest thing I ever heard was a pop off on a major gas line. I was on a rig (oilfield) and the burst every 5-10 seconds was so loud (roughly 200-300 yards away) that it overpowered the rig diesels which is saying something. It is the only time I have ever used ear muffs besides shooting. Before I realized what it was, I thought we were dead. good times.

Funny, I’ll say that one of the best playing guitars I’ve ever had in my hands is @Jdub’s PRS hollow McCarty....and that’s a guitar I could never own, for all sorts of reasons....but damn it’s ridiculous
Man. I love my custom jackson. It was literally made for me. Just a select, not masterbuilt. But it is special. But the guitar I had before it was The nicest fucking guitar i ever had. It was a KXK and that nitro finish still haunts my dreams. If I could have gotten the guy to make me one with a fixed bridge, It would have been the ultimate guitar. I blocked off the trem, but the palm mutes never felt as good as a tom or hipshot.
but that neck just glided. Also was irritated that he used tiny little pots. I think he was just obssessed with having as much mass as possible, and that damn body was thick.

Attachments

• kxk.jpg
    kxk.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 17
  • kxk mono.jpg
    kxk mono.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 16
Haha. true story... it is probably my "best guitar" I have ever had but I almost never play it. Hate that thing.. Paul himself is such an annoying geek I leave that stupid ass guitar in its case.. It brings me zero inspiration but it does play and sound fantastic.. I would rather play my "shitty" CS Gibsons and Fenders.

Always liked the sounds on this old video. Weird guy, but I dig his guitars. Only have one.

Well Jdub’s is one you should consider if he sells it.....it is Super Model level gorgeous besides playing like it does. He had it shipped to my house as he was out of town when he bought it brand new, when I pulled it of the case to inspect even my wife was impressed and she’s over all this stuff haha

Well Jdub’s is one you should consider if he sells it.....it is Super Model level gorgeous besides playing like it does. He had it shipped to my house as he was out of town when he bought it brand new, when I pulled it of the case to inspect even my wife was impressed and she’s over all this stuff haha
No.....if and when I buy another PRS, it will be in person. I had 3 back in the 90's. My favorite was a CE. I prefer the bolt-on necks, and I don't go by the appearance. Only a certain resonance/ring that can be heard/felt when the guitar is unplugged.

I grew up with the 5-way rotary pu sw's and that is what I prefer. I don't care for the new builds. Although I'm sure there are some that are great, and quantumly better than my old beater. My guitars get played, scratched, etc. I don't buy the to resell, I buy to play and keep. I put stainless frets on all that don't have them.

This is not a CE, but an old ugly piece of shit pawn shop prize I got 10 years ago. $900. The only PRS I have. Had Phil Jacoby refret it right after I got it w/Jescar 57110 jumbo SS. Has "2007 Experience" on back headstock. Don't know the significance of that and don't care. Put a set of coverless 57/08's in it.

I seldom play it, but always puts a smile on my face when I do.

vve0Ser.jpg

Best guitar I ever played/owned was a 79 Les Paul Custom I sold it to work on my 79trans am. It’s runs pretty well now I just need to paint it at this point.
Second and this is my biggest gear regret ever is my 74 white Les Paul custom. I bought it for 1500 and sold it for 2200 3 years ago because I had a boot put on my car just as I was starting a new job. Ironically my first paycheck was more than enough to remove the boot and I’ve never been that broke since. Sold it to a shop in Seattle and I would pay a lot to get it back but it’s lost in the wind out there.

No.....if and when I buy another PRS, it will be in person. I had 3 back in the 90's. My favorite was a CE. I prefer the bolt-on necks, and I don't go by the appearance. Only a certain resonance/ring that can be heard/felt when the guitar is unplugged.

I grew up with the 5-way rotary pu sw's and that is what I prefer. I don't care for the new builds. Although I'm sure there are some that are great, and quantumly better than my old beater. My guitars get played, scratched, etc. I don't buy the to resell, I buy to play and keep. I put stainless frets on all that don't have them.

This is not a CE, but an old ugly piece of shit pawn shop prize I got 10 years ago. $900. The only PRS I have. Had Phil Jacoby refret it right after I got it w/Jescar 57110 jumbo SS. Has "2007 Experience" on back headstock. Don't know the significance of that and don't care. Put a set of coverless 57/08's in it.

I seldom play it, but always puts a smile on my face when I do.

vve0Ser.jpg
That MArk IV is beautiful!

Eventually the arthritis in my hands will leave me totally useless and not able to play guitar at all and I will sell my Larry Dino, which is

…the best amp I’ve ever played.​

Same, eventually I will succumb to my circulation issues, and be forced to sell my Larry Dino, which is by far and away the best amp I've ever played.

Like sam, and a couple others, I've owned and played and flipped about 100 other amps. The Dino is "the one" and I will never, ever sell it, until I cannot play it anymore.

Same, eventually I will succumb to my circulation issues, and be forced to sell my Larry Dino, which is by far and away the best amp I've ever played.

Like sam, and a couple others, I've owned and played and flipped about 100 other amps. The Dino is "the one" and I will never, ever sell it, until I cannot play it anymore.
Record as many DI tracks as you can now, then invest in a good reamp setup. That way you can still enjoy hearing yourself at least, through any amp in the room in real time. I’m trying to be optimistic, for a change.

Back