Pantera Tour

Seems like the biggest problem with this tour is calling themselves Pantera. If they would just change their name I think a lot of people would be way more open/optimistic about the idea and even go see them play. Classic example of "the devil is in the details".

Seems like the biggest problem with this tour is calling themselves Pantera. If they would just change their name I think a lot of people would be way more open/optimistic about the idea and even go see them play. Classic example of "the devil is in the details".

I’d be pumped to hear what these guys would come up with as a new band, they could do a bunch of pantera songs or some sort of melody live and it would be great. Calling it pantera though especially with all the drama that surrounded that band is silly. You know the new “Pantera” album is coming which is gonna be silly too, just started a new band

Well I for one very am excited. Charlie is cool, Zak is one of my favorites and probably the best choice. I would’ve favored a different guitar player on every song and a different drummer on every song as there are a lot of 14 year old girls getting dime’s tone perfectly.

It’s so easy a caveman could do it!

Calling it now.. get ready for the new Pantera music gear from Wylde audio, etc. The next generation will know Pantera as Phil, Rex, Zakk, Charlie, and possibly Yoko. Dime and Vinny who? Bitcoin Bag Zakk!

I feel a bit different about the tour if it is done as a tribute. Zakk and Charlie were really good friends of Dime and Vinnie so at least it is a tribute of sorts. Still should have been called "Black Toothed Grin Co." or something

That's my entire issue with this whole thing tbh. It's none of my business and I don't/didn't know anyone involved but according to whatever is floating around on the media, things were never mended and Vin would have never gone for this.

Who knows what would have happened if tragedies didn't strike, Dime seems like a great dude and maybe one day it could have all happened but without their say in the matter it just leaves me feeling uneasy. They did however get whatever permissions/legality hoops were needed to be able to do this I assume, so there is that.

Who knows. I doubt I will go because it's just not right in my opinion.

Was just thinking this earlier. Zakk better be using a Randall or a Krank
He should just use a wizard . Wizard is all over Pantera classics . All of it

This. Plus, Jerry co wrote nearly everything with Layne and in some cases wrote the whole tune. Jerry was/is the heart of AIC. Loved Layne of course, you could never replace him...but they've morphed into a cool new version since Layne's passing.
I kinda dig the newer AIC. They really sound like Cantrell's solo stuff, imo.
What I find lacking without Layne, is not only his amazingly powerful voice, but also his sense of humor/sarcasm/fun that came thru. Dude could make you laugh, cry and wanna hit something in the same song.

I kinda dig the newer AIC. They really sound like Cantrell's solo stuff, imo.
What I find lacking without Layne, is not only his amazingly powerful voice, but also his sense of humor/sarcasm/fun that came thru. Dude could make you laugh, cry and wanna hit something in the same song.
Layne was such a damn tragedy...but addiction is a killer for so many. His friends could only do so much. I read where he actually got addicted to heroin in part because of his father. He wasn't in Laynes life; until he hit the big time. Then he started hanging out with Layne and was into heroin himself...prior to that, he hadn't ever tried it.
If this is true, such a horrible selfish POS his father was. Unforgivable.

Layne was such a damn tragedy...but addiction is a killer for so many. His friends could only do so much. I read where he actually got addicted to heroin in part because of his father. He wasn't in Laynes life; until he hit the big time. Then he started hanging out with Layne and was into heroin himself...prior to that, he hadn't ever tried it.
If this is true, such a horrible selfish POS his father was. Unforgivable.
Yeah, that's what I read too. While Layne was spiraling, his father was able to clean up, and later gave his seal of approval to DuVall...

4D0981C0-2F24-48E7-B7FA-4521589B9B8B.png

In my Humble Opinion, Zakk is the best possible choice. Not only because he was close with the brothers, but if anyone can kinda of get close to matching dime's energy, style, aggressions etc. Its Zakk. This to me is a good Pantera Tribute tour and I think its cool. But I agree that without the brothers, Pantera will never be.

Back