ZAKK WYLDE & CHARLIE BENANTE confirm they will do the Pantera Reunion tour

exactly. it's not Pantera without the bro's....plain and simple.
It's like VH with out Ed and Alex.
Seems like I remember Phil and the Illegals had a Dime sounding guitarist that could pull this off.
I dig Zakk, but not this.
No Dime and Vinnie locking in and messing around between songs?
No Dime shit-eating grins and crazy running around. Is Grady Champion gonna be on board?
This isn't Pantera.

20210418_181322.jpg

Compare that with this:

Zakk doesn't have the solo down in that vid, hope he figures it out before doing this thing.

I disagree. He is playing his style. Dime played his style. It's all individualistic. Hes turned down and he hit the right notes.
Your kidding right?

I've never seen Pantera live with the original members, so as a fan this reunion/tribute tour will be the closest i can get, looking forward to it tbh!

It's like VH with out Ed and Alex.
Seems like I remember Phil and the Illegals had a Dime sounding guitarist that could pull this off.
I dig Zakk, but not this.
No Dime and Vinnie locking in and messing around between songs?
No Dime shit-eating grins and crazy running around. Is Grady Champion gonna be on board?
This isn't Pantera.
More like
Without Ed there is zero van halen imo
I suppose I could go to this 'pantera' show but I'd have to be drunk and it would be more to see Zakk than anything. And it would have to be like $40

Might as well have billy blades do the gig. No matter what it will suck ass. The sick part is how those who would partake in this blasphemy will never understand how to honor what Pantera was by understanding the meaning behind "rest in peace."

Last edited:
Just saw a post on FB of Rita giving her support and saying Dime would love this.
Didn't she say Phil would be shot if he showed up to the funeral?
Didn't Vinnie say there will never be a Pantera reunion without Dime?
$$$$$$$$

If Phil songs Shattered like he does on Cowboys then I’ll be there . Lol jk no way that’s possible. But I’ll go because I go to shows just to go . Just went to Blue Oyster Cult . I knew 2 songs

If Phil songs Shattered like he does on Cowboys then I’ll be there . Lol jk no way that’s possible. But I’ll go because I go to shows just to go . Just went to Blue Oyster Cult . I knew 2 songs
Me too, I know two of their songs "don't fear the reaper" and the other I can't think of the name of it right now...

I really don't understand the constant animosity toward ZW on various forums. Completely baffling to me. Anyway, Rex and Phil apparently agreed to call this Pantera and I guess they're more legit than anyone else to decide.

I really don't understand the constant animosity toward ZW on various forums. Completely baffling to me. Anyway, Rex and Phil apparently agreed to call this Pantera and I guess they're more legit than anyone else to decide.
To me it’s just music . This is not serious stuff . I saw pantera a million times 95 to 2001 . So I’m a big fan . It’s whatever

Back