Any of You Guys Into Vaping?

Smart man, but of course I was still a sucker paying $76 for a 30g packet of organic rolling tobacco at the time.

I use 40 to 50w, depending upon how quickly I want the temp to ramp up, in TC-Control mode and I've never gone beyond 110ºC. It usually lives on 100ºC which is the absolute-minimum-possible setting. Quite-different from your settings, but of course that has a bit to do with the fact that I'm using a sub-ohm atomiser / tank.

If you give it away maybe you'd consider fangin' me the remainder of your stockpile brother; I'd compensate you accordingly.

Smart man, but of course I was still a sucker paying $76 for a 30g packet of organic rolling tobacco at the time.

I use 40 to 50w, depending upon how quickly I want the temp to ramp up, in TC-Control mode and I've never gone beyond 110ºC. It usually lives on 100ºC which is the absolute-minimum-possible setting. Quite-different from your settings, but of course that has a bit to do with the fact that I'm using a sub-ohm atomiser / tank.

If you give it away maybe you'd consider fangin' me the remainder of your stockpile brother; I'd compensate you accordingly.
Yep, no problem. See how it pans out over 2022.

You must've been doing MTL (mouth-to-lung) 'cause that's what the cheap-ass (they all are) cartridge-based units are for.

I recommend DTL (direct-to-lung), preferably via a sub-ohm atomiser for minimal fuss.

Reactions: ccn
Old thread but I was at the point that I knew I was doomed from smoking cigs . Finally tried vaping and my health returned big time , no more coughing or being short of breath . I feel like a youngster again . Life saving

98% of the stuff you read about vaping is 100% complete and utter bullshi_. Big Tobacco is behind all of it .

Old thread but I was at the point that I knew I was doomed from smoking cigs . Finally tried vaping and my health returned big time , no more coughing or being short of breath . I feel like a youngster again . Life saving

98% of the stuff you read about vaping is 100% complete and utter bullshi_. Big Tobacco is behind all of it .
Amen brother.

I haven't coughed once in the 10 months I've been vaping other than in extenuating circumstances like when I accidentally destroy the cotton in a coil.

I smoked for several years in a row and then switched to vaping. It was interesting but I realized that it was also harmful. Now I sometimes do it for fun on hard days. In order to get rid of the addiction, I had to use special patches with Canada Drugs and make a lot of effort. I succeeded and now I try not to even vaping because I'm afraid I can start smoking.

Last edited:
Big Tobacco is doing everything in their power to convince people it's harmful but I'm not convinced . Vaping completely eliminates all the tar and cancer causing agents found in tobacco which is probably why I'm breathing and feel better than ever.

I have serious questions about what's in many flavorings though .

Yup.

AFAICT it's literally-harmless. That is of course unless some dick puts poison in the juice, intentionally or otherwise.

That's why I make my own. Food-grade flavours (edible), food-grade base liquid and you can get nicotine salts that're made by soaking tobacco leaves in water, not refining the crap out of 'em to get that "pure" version. In my experience it's a decent rule of thumb that the more you refine something, the more you isolate an "active" ingredient, the more-harmful it becomes.

It's an obvious phenomenon that the design of natural plant-based foods and medicines requires that so-called active ingredients remain in-ratio with with all the other known and unknown phytochemicals, alkaloids and other complex compounds in order to be balanced, buffered and "benign".

The TLDR take-home is that vaping is arguably the safest vice one could possibly have. Kudos to the Japanese guy who invented it in order to create a safe alternative to smoking.

Yup.

AFAICT it's literally-harmless. That is of course unless some dick puts poison in the juice, intentionally or otherwise.

That's why I make my own. Food-grade flavours (edible), food-grade base liquid and you can get nicotine salts that're made by soaking tobacco leaves in water, not refining the crap out of 'em to get that "pure" version. In my experience it's a decent rule of thumb that the more you refine something, the more you isolate an "active" ingredient, the more-harmful it becomes.

It's an obvious phenomenon that the design of natural plant-based foods and medicines requires that so-called active ingredients remain in-ratio with with all the other known and unknown phytochemicals, alkaloids and other complex compounds in order to be balanced, buffered and "benign".

The TLDR take-home is that vaping is arguably the safest vice one could possibly have. Kudos to the Japanese guy who invented it in order to create a safe alternative to smoking.
I do all my own mixing also but I'm an atrocious e juicer , 95% of what I make is just horrific and taste like shi_ lol. I'm not paying for juice , I did that when I first started and it gets expensive quick . The stuff's dirt cheap to make yourself .

I would love to find an ejuice that really tasted like a Marlboro medium though .

I always put a hint of baccy flavour in all my juices.

Favourites so far are Virginia Tobacco, Canadian Tobacco and Ry4 Double. All from the SVS (Super Vape Store) in Oz. There's a bunch of other baccy flavours in their range but I've settled on the Ry4 Double for now 'cause it's designed to complement sweet stuff.

Also, I put 1.25% by-volume of Sucralose in all but the sweetest flavours just to give 'em a lift and help the flavour poke through.

Vanilla custard has been my fave basic flavour since the get-go.

Er... no.

Popcorn Lung - Vapetrotter

Bronchiolitis obliterans is a condition better known as Popcorn lung, often attributed to the inhalation of concentrated diacetyl over prolonged periods of time. This condition has never been attributed to e-cigarettes, e-liquid use, or even smoking (which exposes the user to hundreds of times more diacetyl then vaping).

A 2014 publication found that diacetyl was present in samples of many sweet-flavored e-liquids, though at levels 100 times lower than that of traditional tobacco smoke. According to that research, diacetyl is approved for food use, but is associated with respiratory disease when inhaled. Although diacetyl was initially linked to a condition known as popcorn lung (formally bronchiolitis obliterans) among flavored popcorn factory workers, the condition is incredibly rare and likely only occurs with prolonged exposure to pure diacetyl in the air with little or no protection. Despite levels of diacetylbeing much higher in traditional cigarettes than it is in e-liquids, bronchiolitis obliterans has never been linked to traditional smoking, yet mass media used the trace-detectable presence of the common flavoring additive in e-liquids to spread the rumour that it was causing popcorn lung.

Jesus, all these options seem more complex than guitar tone.

I vape, wouldn't really call it a hobby but I started because I quit smoking cigarettes. I quit smoking cigarettes because I was spending $280 a month and the vape is like $20 or less. Other than that I dont know anything about it but it's hard finding a good flavor. So far any tea variant is the only thing i like that doesn't give me a headache or taste like shit.

I hear ya bro'.

From what I've seen, many vapers take a few years to discover and settle on their favourite flavours and manufacturers.

My buddy for instance tried "everything" available to him before he struck his gold - VapeStix My Baccy, which is vanilla custard with tobacco flavour. He's since switched to my home brew but occasionally buys the My Baccy when convenient.

IMHO the reason most stuff tastes like shit to the "discerning customer" is that the manufacturers are trying to maximise profits by using sub-par ingredients. It's only my impression based on what I've tasted and how it hits my throat, but chances are I'm right. The ingredients I use are all food-grade and I've a strong feeling this is not the case when it comes to ready-rolled juice.

Makes sense mate.

The lower the toxic load, the less addictive as a rule of thumb, so vaping is the perfect stepping stone to giving cigarettes up "easily". Basically a few food-grade chemicals vs 4-6000 deadly-and-carcinogenic ones.

Well done man. :cheers:

Back