Everyone’s favorite high gain Brit amp?

Uneducated questions:

What's the difference in an 800 and Jubilee?

The new Jubes are much cheaper than the 800 (like over 1K). Why?
I can't explain the pricing differences (but my guess is demand/popularity), but circuit wise the Jube uses diode clippers while the 800 does not. There's probably some other slight differences more knowledgeable people can chime in on, but that's the main thing differentiating tone.

I can't explain the pricing differences (but my guess is demand/popularity), but circuit wise the Jube uses diode clippers while the 800 does not. There's probably some other slight differences more knowledgeable people can chime in on, but that's the main thing differentiating tone.
Thanks so it has like a pedal circuit instead of pre-amp tubes for the gain or both?

Pretty settled with my Monomyth Skeleton Key as my main amp.

I am keeping an eye out for some Wizards or maybe a some rarer modded plexis.
BTW I never heard of a Skeleton, just looked it up. Holy shit, that thing sounds amazing in the website video.

Is it a non-master?

How's it sound clean any clean headroom? Seems like he may be just rolling the volume down to get clean? He had some high gain tones even with the gain knob set low (11:20 time stamp).

Major GAS you got pics on anything on RigTalk?

The best I’ve owned:

Friedman BE-100, like Fret Shredder mentioned. Mine is ‘18, 4 switch. Ooh La La. :dunno:

Splawn Quick Rod. Had a bunch. All great. I think I liked the 3-pre version the most, but I wouldn’t get hung up on the differences.

Cameron Aldrich mod. Great sounding and fun to play, but not remotely worth the prices they command.

If you’re cool with rack gear, I’d recommend a Rivera TBR-1SL. Maybe the best channel switcher (British crunch, American cleans) ever.

Sleeper of the bunch is a Top Hat Emplexador. Goes from JTM45 to 2204 tones. Not high gain, but hit it with a TS-9 or an SD-1 and you’re in business. Only amp I ever owned that just begged for Slayer riffs. Go figure.

BTW I never heard of a Skeleton, just looked it up. Holy shit, that thing sounds amazing in the website video.

Is it a non-master?

How's it sound clean any clean headroom? Seems like he may be just rolling the volume down to get clean? He had some high gain tones even with the gain knob set low (11:20 time stamp).

Yeah it's a non-MV (brainfart, it has a MV but it is single channel), so my "clean" is also just rolling back the volume knob for Jimi/ACDC-esque tones, so probably still not "Fender" clean.

I don't use as much gain as that video though, so it's definitely got some range in between. There is a gain boost on the back that I leave off, so roughly below noon on the preamp is fairly clean (power section is still EL34 though, so it'll have some color).

Never taken any pics but will try next time I sit down to play.

Last edited:
I like the Orange Rockerverb. If I had space (and the need), I'd have at least a half stack (a full if I could convince the wife).

But, until then, I will live vicariously through other Rockerverb owners.

What settings do you use (amp and Ranger?
It doesn't seem to matter.. they sound good nearly anywhere I put them.. Including using the Ranger in the return as a Pre-amp and the 2204 as the power amp.

However, right now the amp is at
P-0
B-3
M-5.5
T-7
Master-5.5
Pre-11 (Dimed-I have a Ceriatone 2204)

Ranger
Gain-0
Tone-3 o'clock
Level-1 o'clock

Boost, Freq and Ranger are all around 1 - 2 o'clock

Sounds great using either side of the Ranger or both together in front of the amp or in the loop as a preamp.

I also built the Green Pony from BYOC that is a close 2nd to the Ranger.
https://buildyourownclone.com/products/green-pony-kit

Is it a non-master?

It has a master volume

Talk to @Monomyth to get one

Is Marshall making Jubes in China and 800 reissues in UK or something?

What do you mean build quality?
the only reason i haven't bought the 2555x reissue is that they have this molex connector right in the middle of the damn thing. The jcm800 is pretty high quality pcb with high quality parts. Some people never have issues with the silver jube reissues, but a lot do. I know i have a lot of problem with molex connectors on tankless water heaters I work on. total junk. I end up hard wiring a lot of it. I think they put out a budget amp for people on a budget. If they would build it to the quality of the jcm800, i would have paid jcm800 prices. Only recently did 800 go to 3000. used to be around 2300 and the jube was 1600-1900

Friedman Wildwood Smallbox 50. - its a simpleton's BE-Dlx

also enjoying my marshall sc20h jcm800 and i have added the legendary tones hot mod evo 2 so as to have the extra gain w out a pedal on that amp

Give us lots more details and we can help:
- budget
- what you've already tried or owned, what you did and didn't like
- 50, 100 watts? Smaller?
- do you want or need a clean channel, or lower gain plexi sounds?
- need a loop, or anything other features?
- budget

Did I mentioned your budget? Pretty big jump from Wangs to Wizard.
My bad , I like 2 channels and amps with a gain boost, so far I’m looking at a 3rd kitchen sink or a wizard modern classic can’t decide so good both of them

Back