First ding on new guitar…..it hurts 😂

Bro KV

Why does the first one hurt so bad? 😂

No one to blame but myself. Was moving my Snakebyte from the guitar stand with my right hand and bringing my Hanny to the stand with my left hand. The input Jack of the Hanny kissed the top edge of the upper fin of the Snakebyte. Now it has a small half moon smiley face. I wasn’t smiling.

What’s your stories?

When I got my first Washburn dime(blackjack), I turned it over right there in the store where I picked it up and PURPOSELY scratched the back with my keys,much to the shock of the shop employee and my other guitarist. I knew such a huge guitar was gonna get beat up so I beat the devil to the punch. I was laughing like a madman the whole time. Wish I still had that bitch. It had stories to tell....
Meth is a hell of a drug.

I literally don't give a shit if my guitars are dinged up. I am pretty tough on my gear. It's just part of the whole thing.
I’m the same about my guitars. My insane about my amp heads being scratched . Idk why lol

I used to be really careful with my guitars. Now i play them. I don't drop them. But i turn sometimes and hit things, and just an hour ago, I was walking through the house playing and hit one of my horns on the wall. Shit happens.

If you want them to stay pristine, keep them in the case. Brag about having them all you want, but if you don't play them, they are useless.

If you play them, they will get beat up. That is when they are truly loved.

Don't just collect them, play them. Fick them up!

There is a middle ground. If i broke the horn off my guitar, I would be pissed. But i play the thing because it feels like magic. I have a les paul that just sits there and makes me sick to play. I will give it to my son when he comes of age. maybe it will have something for him.

Don’t get me wrong, my guitars get played, just sucks when that first doink happens. I do have OCD and my guitars are wiped down and fast fret applied before they go back in their cases. They live in their cases when not being used.

All guitars that are worth a shit have dings.

Players play guitars.

If your guitar is in immaculate, mint condition, it probably isn't good enough to be a workhorse for someone else who actually plays guitar.

All guitars that are worth a shit have dings.

Players play guitars.

If your guitar is in immaculate, mint condition, it probably isn't good enough to be a workhorse for someone else who actually plays guitar.
My man.

I also don't trust amps that don't have beer rings.

Edit: if you're buying gear from a real player, you're buying junk. Players don't sell the good shit.

Edit2: unless he's getting divorced. I sold primo shit then.

Last edited:
I used to have case babies. guitars that are quick to hand get played, I have found. They are out of range of sticky fingered children. But very easy for me to grab. The two on each end are the only ones i play.

Attachments

• played.jpg
    played.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 20
I stopped giving a crap if my guitars or other gear have dings, scratches, or other cosmetic damage. As long as it's not anything that would render it nonfunctional then so be it. If at some the dings get too much where it bugs me, I'll just refinish it.

i dinged my prs hollowbody II (back when i had it) with the end of a guitar cable. i think i was coiling up the cable, and the tip smacked the top and put a little indent.
you know how prs guys want their prs' to be flawless. there goes 500 off the resale. :aww:

First time I put buckle rash on my shiny new 02 LP Classic made me sick.
You should see it now. All the relicd MOJO, earned thru years of playing.

Nowadays, I don't even notice when I do it. Don't care.

However, I was kind of surprised this morning when I found that I left the 4104 on, not on stdby, for the past 4 days. o_O
WTF, how'd that happen? Sucker was kinda hot.

Back