NGD: Edwards lawsuit Schenker V in the house

Kapo_Polenton

Nostalgic, maybe a little cheesy, saw a good deal on one of these out of Japan and pulled the trigger. First impressions are that it is light which I had heard, but lighter than expected. I wish the rosewood fretboard were a little darker and more consistent like my USA Explorer but the thing plays really nicely. Feels really nice to play and the finish and paint job are excellent. Definitely that Japanese quality you associate with their brands. I'm aware that they may have outsourced some of their manufacturing but at least the quality control is there. The strings are garbage but I plugged it in, fired up my wah and JMP clone and that's the tone right there. So good. It honestly makes me play just MSG and UFO tunes lol. I guess that's sort of the point though. Anyway, you guys have your VH obsessions so this is me feeding my Schenker obsession. When I was a kid, my brother took an old guitar neck and stuck it on a white/black plywood V body he built for me. It was an absolute abomination and played like shit but this is how bad I wanted one. 30+ years later I finally got my hands on one. It's Too hot to handle!

I'll try and add a clip tonight.

Attachments

• 20220725_151312~2.jpg
    20220725_151312~2.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 82
I've always liked V's too but I figured if I'm gonna do it, it's gotta be a MS black n white! My only wish is that it had an ebony board but I am not paying 4k+ for a Dean just for that. Rosewood certainly didn't hold Schenker back..

Fuck yeah

A friend of mine actually bought one of the $400-ish import Dean Schenker V's several years back and that guitar was actually pretty badass and played great.

I was surprised because I haven't enjoyed the majority of Deans I've tried

Damn that looks awesome! I have been GAS ing hard for a V lately and like you say, might as well make it a Schenker V. I am more into MS than EVH too and always have been. Nothing cheesy about that guitar! If you ever want to sell it, hit me up! Enjoy!

That's awesome. Vs rule. I'm having a hard time going back to a strat after gigging with my V. Enjoy it.

One of those places online like stew mac has fretboard darkening stuff that makes your fretboard dark and uniform

That's awesome. Vs rule. I'm having a hard time going back to a strat after gigging with my V. Enjoy it.
Yeah, I was not in love with the les Paul style guitars but my Explorer and now this V are really turning me. I am finding them to suit my hands more than my strat style. They feel good.

Was just checking that stuff out..looks like something I can't screw up. Question though, the neck of my V is painted. Will this stuff touching it discolour it? Or am I wiping off fast and dealing with small amounts that it should be trouble free

Fuck yeah

A friend of mine actually bought one of the $400-ish import Dean Schenker V's several years back and that guitar was actually pretty badass and played great.

I was surprised because I haven't enjoyed the majority of Deans I've tried
I had one as well. Had the Schenker pickups. Was a total piece of shit. lol. Played ok but sounded like ass.

Was just checking that stuff out..looks like something I can't screw up. Question though, the neck of my V is painted. Will this stuff touching it discolour it? Or am I wiping off fast and dealing with small amounts that it should be trouble free
No, it won't hurt anything. Just don't slop it around. I put it on a cloth and rub it in. Darkens up real nice. It's good stuff!

Back