What are the best Kluson-style tuners?

Rex Rocker

For guitars with the narrow holes for the smaller push-in bushings? Preferably locking.

I'm thinking Gotoh 510? They do have the kinda lame 15:1 ratio, though.

Or are the actual Kluson-branded ones better? They seem rather bulky and probably not all that light, which is IMO a desirable aspect of the Kluson-style tuners, no?

They will look out of place if you're going for the vintage thing, but Graphtech Ratio's are far and away the best tuners I've ever used, period. They make little adapter plates so they can fit just about any mount without modifying the guitar.

They're so good I'm basically just switching over all of my non-floyd axes. Tuner slip just isn't a thing anymore with them, when you tune up to pitch it just stays.

I have had problems with Klusons on recent builds so I would stay away.

I also had good outcomes with Gotoh. Gotoh seems to always be solid at a minimum.

The Kluson Revoluution locking tuners are fantastic. I have them on 2 Les Pauls and my flying V. They're my go-to for that style of mount.

I've put the Revolution locking tuners on my Les Paul Axcess. Can't really say if they're heavy or not but they didn't change the feel and balance of the guitar in any way. They do work pretty well and are direct drop-in which is nice.

I have had problems with Klusons on recent builds so I would stay away.

I also had good outcomes with Gotoh. Gotoh seems to always be solid at a minimum.
Never had problems. Put them on a couple LP's, PRS, and have them on my Tele. They're solid.

Gotohs are always a good choice too, as are Hipshots, but the universal mounting plates are an eyesore.

I just install the Kluson Revolution locking tuners on both of my Les Pauls. Keeps the vintage look, but adds the locking feature and the ratio is better than the Gibson tuners. Model was KRGLNC-3-NP.

Back