Had to buy two used Torpedo C.A.Bs because the CAB M+ doesn't have MIDI :-(

hermanzaum

Really wanted to buy two CAB M's to replace the Strymon Iridiums that I was using on my two MIDI controlled rigs - a full pedaboard with a Boss ES-8 switcher (connected to a Marshall JCM800 clone which is plugged into a Suhr Reactive Load) and a compact all-in-one board based around a Boss GT-1000core. However, the lack of MIDI was a big deal breaker for me so I went on eBay and bought two used Torpedo C.A.B.s instead of two new CAB M+'s from a retailer. Would prefer the much smaller size (plus the comp and exciter) from the CAB M+. Oh well...

Bad business decision to remove the MIDI - if you ask me - in this day and age of switchers/loopers/controllers (even budget friendly stuff from brands like Joyo and Mooer) and pedalboards with lots of MIDI controlled pedals. Two Notes could even have adopted a 1/4" (3.5mm) TRS connector to save space and costs like Strymon Iridium, GT-1000core, Empress pedals (like my Zoias) and so on.

And, really, what's the point of having so many preset/patch slots if you have to pull a smartphone from your pocket or hunch down and turn a knob to change the patches between songs? Way too clumsy/user unfriendly. Let's hope that the next generation hardware (CAB M2?) solves that.

Anyways, loving the speaker sims... much better and "alive" than the IR collections I have from Celestion and RedWirez/BigBox X. I don't know if it's better technology/algorithms going on with the DynIR stuff or just better captures from Two Notes and the other companies... I'm auditioning and buying Cab Packs right now and loving being able to preview them on my rigs. Hats off to Two Notes on that feature!

Good morning @hermanzaum

Thanks for the feedback here - this is really important to us and I will make sure this is fed back to our dev team ASAP.

We're so glad to hear you are enjoying our DynIR technology - our capture process is very comprehensive in order to give users the flexibility to shape their sound exactly as they need it. Most importantly, it saves you valuable playing time as you dont have to scroll through hundreds - if not thousands - of static IRs to find the sound you are looking for!

Thanks again, we really appreciate your thoughts!

Back