Dan has passed

To everyone reading this post…..Please don’t go about your life assuming there will always be tomorrow. I’m sure most of you have people that were important to you at some point in your life, and for whatever reason life happened and you fell out of touch. Do hold grudges or squabble over petty things. Love your family and
friends and tell them often. Life is too short for petty bullshit and procrastination. Everyone be safe and listen to your bodies.

I literally had to pound this into my siblings heads. Bullshit grudges aren't worth losing precious finite time.

I don’t get on here often anymore and am just seeing this now. Just terrible news:(

I became close forum buds with Dan about 12 years ago or so. He’s a fellow Michigan guy although he’s downstate and I’m up in the U.P. I almost made the trip down one time years ago - he was going to host a big amp fest. He had a bunch of gear lined up and people onboard, and had rented a place. It fell apart and people had to bail at the last minute, I had my amps loaded up in my old Jeep and I was just about to leave. I ended up not going but I wish I had gotten the chance to meet him in person.

I also remember messaging him and then eventually calling him when James Lugo live-streamed one of his first big amp fests at his old studio. We were geeking and it was super exciting. That might have been the year Dave unveiled the Marsha, not sure now.

We have spent many hours on the phone over the years… talking about gear, divorce, kids, life and weird stuff of course, haha.

He also introduced me to another forum member who lives about an hour and a half away and we’ve hung out and jammed many times. Dan was just a good dude. I was just talking to him last month about how we used to live for playing music and how it can evolve and change over time, like everything else. He hasn’t played for awhile but that’s okay, he did for many years and had just about everything out there at some point. He was really excited to see Jerry Seinfeld in October, been into pinball and arcade games...stuff like that is why I fell in love with this place - you really get a sense of who people are because it’s pretty wide open and accepting, and it’s not just about the gear.

To Dan’s family - I’m so sorry for your loss.

Last edited:
Straight from Steve K’s Facebook page.
View attachment 128488

Steve K was a great dude too, one of the best. A lot of people probably don’t know this but Dan had told me that Steve gifted him a Diezel Herbert while he was dying and told Dan he could pay later. Of course no one realized he was dying except for him so he knew he was never going to collect the money for it.
I don’t get on here often anymore and am just seeing this now. Just terrible news:(

I became close forum buds with Dan about 12 years ago or so. He’s a fellow Michigan guy although he’s downstate and I’m up in the U.P. I almost made the trip down one time years ago - he was going to host a big amp fest. He had a bunch of gear lined up and people onboard, and had rented a place. It fell apart and people had to bail at the last minute, I had my amps loaded up in my old Jeep and I was just about to leave. I ended up not going but I wish I had gotten the chance to meet him in person.

I also remember messaging him and then eventually calling him when James Lugo live-streamed one of his first big amp fests at his old studio. We were geeking and it was super exciting. That might have been the year Dave unveiled the Marsha, not sure now.

We have spent many hours on the phone over the years… talking about gear, divorce, kids, life and weird stuff of course, haha.

He also introduced me to another forum member who lives about an hour and a half away and we’ve hung out and jammed many times. Dan was just a good dude. I was just talking to him last month about how we used to live for playing music and how it can evolve and change over time, like everything else. He hasn’t played for awhile but that’s okay, he did for many years and had just about everything out there at some point. He was really excited to see Jerry Seinfeld in October, been into pinball and arcade games...stuff like that is why I fell in love with this place - you really get a sense of who people are because it’s pretty wide open and accepting, and it’s not just about the gear.

To Dan’s family - I’m so sorry for your loss.
Sup Jordan? I haven’t been on in a wile either but stuff like this makes me really think about all the good times we had when this forum was at its peak. I remember that first ampfest we set up at Dans house, I had 1 of 2 Fortin Meatheads in the world at that time, I think Meshuggah had the other one, and a lot of guys brought top of the line gear. So many amps and guitars it’s tough to put a number on it. There was just about every big time amp at the time there, it was awesome.

By the way, I still have that 70s MXR envelope filter around here that you called dibs on. I don’t play guitar anymore so when I find out where I put it I’ll send it your way :LOL:

I'm so sorry to hear about Dan's passing. Thanks for letting us know, Lyn. All my condolences to you and your family.
Dan was one of the good guys here. I know he made a lot of friends here and was a great contributor of this board.

RIP Dan.

Steve K was a great dude too, one of the best. A lot of people probably don’t know this but Dan had told me that Steve gifted him a Diezel Herbert while he was dying and told Dan he could pay later. Of course no one realized he was dying except for him so he knew he was never going to collect the money for it.

Sup Jordan? I haven’t been on in a wile either but stuff like this makes me really think about all the good times we had when this forum was at its peak. I remember that first ampfest we set up at Dans house, I had 1 of 2 Fortin Meatheads in the world at that time, I think Meshuggah had the other one, and a lot of guys brought top of the line gear. So many amps and guitars it’s tough to put a number on it. There was just about every big time amp at the time there, it was awesome.

By the way, I still have that 70s MXR envelope filter around here that you called dibs on. I don’t play guitar anymore so when I find out where I put it I’ll send it your way :LOL:
Nate, been awhile!
Yeah, those early RT days were so good. I really wanted to get down there to hang with you guys. Sort of cringe-worthy to go back to old posts and watch yourself "grow up" on the forum but we had some fun. Dan was the coolest and there were only a few people that could mesh with his sense of humor. I'm happy to have been one of them, haha.

The MXR! I forgot about that. You don't play at all anymore? I'm slowly getting back into it after a divorce and other big life things. Damn.

Take it easy brother

I've waited to post my condolences in this thread...

Dan was simply a great human being. One helluva guy and a wicked sense of humor. He had a lot to carry around, but he never let it get to him. He was dealing with some things, which he shared with some us. However, he kept on going regardless. A true soldier.

Immense and sad loss. So sorry to hear... condolences and positive wishes sent to his family.

Keep on rocking it upstairs Dan!

I literally had to pound this into my siblings heads. Bullshit grudges aren't worth losing precious finite time.
While I certainly agree.
I say slow down with letting things go if someone f’ed you over.
Nope.
Because they just got over on you again.
Not trying to be a ‘jit here,
but people=shit.
“One more time Motherf’er”….
-For Dan, the next time I’m in the big ‘D’,
I’ll toast a bridge jump to ya dude & jump off the Mackinaw bridge and swim to shore.(done it twice)-HARDCORE.

Back