Bang for your buck used guitars

ClintN667

What guitars on the used market are a lot for their going rate? I want to get a couple guitars to put in tunings I don't always use but I don't want to pay 1k for it.

Also would like to have a floyd equipped guitar just to have one.

What do you guys feel are steals these days?

I just got a budget guitar. Ended up with a Harley Benton Amarok 6 and it is actually a great guitar.

When I was considering used....the sun valley super shredder. There is a 1280 blue model on reverb for under $600 that would fit your needs.

I just got a budget guitar. Ended up with a Harley Benton Amarok 6 and it is actually a great guitar.

When I was considering used....the sun valley super shredder. There is a 1280 blue model on reverb for under $600 that would fit your needs.
Those sun valley guitars have peaked my interest. The HB stuff always interests me but I'm always too chicken shit to pull the trigger

I bought the Sun Valley just for curiosity, as a local guy was selling his almost new FR S in black for 400 Euros. I was surprised how much fun this model is to play. Keeper.

LTD Phoenix. I picked this one up a while back and they’re rock solid
9564BD1F-F2B8-49A5-9124-349C783AC438.jpeg

I just bought a George Lynch Tiger LTD for under US$600.
It crushed all my US$10.000-18.000 guitars.
Stay in tune forever.
Placed a Dimarzio Gravity Storm and it is perfect.
I wont buy the Custom Shop one because it have a maple body, so it will not sounds the same.

If you are talking REAL bang for your buck..find a good Yamaha Pacifica, one of the $150 ones. Get a new nut, throw a nice pickup in the bridge and maybe some tuners.

If you are talking REAL bang for your buck..find a good Yamaha Pacifica, one of the $150 ones. Get a new nut, throw a nice pickup in the bridge and maybe some tuners.
I had a Pacifica in the 90's and I loved it. I think I got it based on a recommendation from Bill from firehouse. I think it was $300 all in and stayed around for awhile.

If you can find one, one of these older Schecter Banshee FR-P's are hands-down the best bang for buck shredder guitars I've ever owned. I've had this, the black quilt, and crimson red with the EMG's. I paid $499 new for the black quilt, and $499 for the red one with a Schecter molded case. These were high-end quality, and built in South Korea. The quality was on-par with Japan. Nice guitars. I sold this one for $500. https://images.reverb.com/image/upl...90,w_620/v1447263143/ywje3vfahvk8qoipohvu.jpg

Other shredders on the cheap, Jackson DK2's are a good bet. Come with Duncans, and I think the DK's are consistently better QC than the Charvels.

PRS SE's are nice. But, I'd look for one with upgraded pickups, or plan that expense upfront. I've not heard a G&B made pickup that didn't sound like shit.

Schecter Solo Customs are available on the cheap. Older ones come with Duncans, newer ones have their USA Pasadena/Pasadena Plus pickups that are fantastic. Top-notch hardware, South Korean quality.

If you want an LP on a budget, the ESP Skolnick models are killer guitars. First one I bought was 10lbs too, beefy necks.

Last edited:
I think the old Kramer Focus guitars are great bang for the buck if you can get them in the 5-600 range.
They have original Floyd's and some came stock with SD pickup in the bridge others had Schallers.

Last edited:
Back