What amps was Doug Aldrich using on the Dio Evil or Divine Tour 2002?

harddriver

I always heard it was his Suhr Modded Marhalls and Cameron Ocean mod Marshalls, but I recently read Doug claims he never used the Cameron amp live....

Here’s the credits from a live Whitesnake DVD I have. I always thought it was odd that Doug would credit Cameron if he wasn’t using his mods. And he doesn’t even mention Suhr
1E9FF4FF-D4F7-4C65-AF2E-D1A507BAA219.jpeg

This is from John Suhr

2 of Dougs main Marshalls are my mods, One I did and one Martin Golub did as an exact replica. He uses many amps as I'm sure Marks stuff as well which he has used in the studio to layer amps but these 2 amps are main studio and live amps for him and are what you hear there. I'm doing a 3rd for him right now with something different that I'm betting is going to be his favorite.
Reb just had his OD100s rebuilt as PT100's and is in heaven. I also did his other two main Marshalls of which one of those (also loaned out for "Cherry Pie") is in the shop for a complete rebuild to a PT100 circuit.

Regardless off the mod, Doug still sets these like he would a regular stock marshall ans then boost them. It just means his bass crunch tone is gainier to start with.

I was watching this concert one night, while talking to Mark (Cameron) and he told me Suhr Marshalls for Rhythm, and his mod on the leads. No idea if that's true or not...

I forget exactly what he says it was but he talks about his amps when he appeared on Tone-Talk.
Yep, Doug states he never uses the Camersons live, just for some studio work. Just the Suhr mods. In fact (and I'm paraphrasing here) , Doug said that the Suhr guys get mad that the Cameron amps get mentioned in relation to Doug supposedly playing them because he doesn't other than in the studio some.

I’ve heard Mark C kept an amp or two from Doug. Obviously Doug was pissed, and from then on stopped mentioning using any of Marks amps for anything.
Not sure if that’s true but that’s what I read long ago.

I was watching this concert one night, while talking to Mark (Cameron) and he told me Suhr Marshalls for Rhythm, and his mod on the leads. No idea if that's true or not...
That’s the way I’ve always known it. Doug made it obvious on Tone Talk that he didn’t really want to discuss Mark. I remember a rig rundown from years ago where Doug was showing his live rig that had Marshall’s in racks and I seem to remember a Cameron modded one in there. I can find it on YT though

Suck killer tone. I was talking to Dan Gower and he said his Rockmonster Mod is basically his take on Doug's Dio tone.

That’s the way I’ve always known it. Doug made it obvious on Tone Talk that he didn’t really want to discuss Mark. I remember a rig rundown from years ago where Doug was showing his live rig that had Marshall’s in racks and I seem to remember a Cameron modded one in there. I can find it on YT though
That's kinda what I remember as well..........I think there was either a video or picture it also showed his Furman PQ3 that he used for his clean tone if I remember correctly.

All in all that's a pretty solid growly yet cutting tone on this 2002 tour....whether it be Suhr or Cameron........

Back