Damnit!!!

rottingcorpse

I wanted this bad enough to make an offer.
In fact a douchbag from Canada that made these on Facebook fucked me outta a grand on one a couple of years ago.
That's how badly I have wanted one of these types of guitars.
But this guy from russia countered with THE SAME OFFER!!!
His message said "good afternoon. we still have some problems with payments. could you contact me in a week?"
Fuuuuuuck.
I know his next move. "Can we use something beside PayPal?" or some shit.
He has zero sales or feedback.
I know my PayPal credit would cover my ass if everything was done right. But this is obviously bullshit.
Very bummed.

https://reverb.com/item/52278515-metla-explorer-ken-lawrence-karl-style-2022-oil

It's not necessarily a scam. Paypal suspended its services in Russia a few months ago. A lot of companies based in Russia have troubles using PP (or Google or Apple pay) for quite a time now. But to be honest I would not risk using services other than PP or Reverb.

It's not necessarily a scam. Paypal suspended its services in Russia a few months ago.
Exactly what I was going to say brother.

PayPal pays a lot of attention to optics. It refuses to allow any vape-product store in Australia to use it for example, something that's been a PITA for me.

If you can afford to risk the grand it might be worth trying an alternative payment system in this case Marty. :dunno:

Nah....I wouldn't risk it.
Too gun shy after this Facebook shithead in Canada.
His name is Steev or something and he fucked over a bunch of people then switched over/started up another "company".
I was in for a barnboard top explorer and a firebird with one pickup and a floyd.
Got $1600 back per my credit card but lost a grand. Lesson learned.
Guess I'm just outta luck on one of these "reclaimed" top explorers.
I have enough gear anyway.

This is the whole reason I learned how to build my own guitars. Every time I came across something cool or unique is was either too expensive to afford or I wasn't comfortable taking the risk purchasing from a shop/seller I was unsure about.

I saw the same seller had a double neck version of it for sale too. Looked pretty sweet. If you do decide to go for it I hope all turns out well.

That sucks man.

The one time I bought a guitar from a Russian guy on Reverb the transaction was incredibly smooth and I shockingly received the guitar within one week

Of course that was years ago at this point

Nah....I wouldn't risk it.
Too gun shy after this Facebook shithead in Canada.
His name is Steev or something and he fucked over a bunch of people then switched over/started up another "company".
I was in for a barnboard top explorer and a firebird with one pickup and a floyd.
Got $1600 back per my credit card but lost a grand. Lesson learned.
Guess I'm just outta luck on one of these "reclaimed" top explorers.
I have enough gear anyway.
lets go fuck him up bro. anyone who calls themselves Steev needs their ass beat out of general principle.

Back