OPINION: Modern Charvels aren't that good

I guess I'll be the guy that's different. I held off on buying a ProMod until they recessed the Floyd. I don't care for how high the strings were off the body on a non recessed version. I think like any other guitar made... there are some really good ones and there are some dogs that get released.

So I got my DK24 back today with a set of Suhr pickups in it , the Duncans it came with were thin and shrill sounding
(wasn't really a fan of the white bobbins either)
so Aldrich/SSV, now it sounds pretty bad ass, still not as nice as my MIJ Socal but it should be a reliable gigging guitar.
View attachment 129811
Gigged this guitar Friday night, the Suhrs sounded great, the Aldrich is like a smoother beefier JB, it's definitely got tighter bass
Going to try the 657MSK next gig and see which one I like better,(I still like my MIJ Socal the best of my bolt ons) I have a BK HolyDiver/Duncan Classic stack +/Breed neck set in there now and the guitar sounds outstanding. I had trouble bonding with the neck on this thing coming from my Jackson USA soloists , but I've put those away for now and I've become very comfortable playing this now. It's always different at a gig than at home though , so it needs a gig test :)
Xa3ndQ4.jpg

Gigged this guitar Friday night, the Suhrs sounded great, the Aldrich is like a smoother beefier JB, it's definitely got tighter bass
Going to try the 657MSK next gig and see which one I like better,(I still like my MIJ Socal the best of my bolt ons) I have a BK HolyDiver/Duncan Classic stack +/Breed neck set in there now and the guitar sounds outstanding. I had trouble bonding with the neck on this thing coming from my Jackson USA soloists , but I've put those away for now and I've become very comfortable playing this now. It's always different at a gig than at home though , so it needs a gig test :)
View attachment 131185
My goodness... that RG is beautiful! What model is it?

I sold my Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH FR E. Nothing wrong was wrong with it other than being on the heavy-ish side and not gelling with the Floyd Rose. It was well built and had a neck for speed

My Henrik rules, although I had to get the frets dressed, they were very uneven as were the sides.
View attachment 129829
I had the SC1, which was much like the Henrik. Also had the Satchel. The SC1 was a bit better than the Satchel, both were nice. The SC1 needed some neck work, it was twisted, too green.
The Charvel parts caster I got off @scottosan plays and sounds better than either.
I won't ever buy a Mexico Fender anything again.

Back