WTFlux....Drive?

napalmdeath

Got a Mesa Flux Drive today. Man, it's a killer pedal! It's like a pissed off Spark Boost with a more responsive EQ, more output & drive, yet can still be somewhat transparent. Doesn't color your tone, (unless you get crazy), tightens things up nicely. Great pedal that might fly under the radar a bit.

It is.. It's like the Timmy V2 I had, but this one doesn't sound like shit!🤣

I like it because it's not as smooth as some cleaner boosts tend to be. This ones got some nice, super sculpted dirt capabilities.
I’m always checking out different boosts . I’d try every one if I could. It’s a problem lol what amp you boosting it with

I agree 100% NP. I grabbed a Flux-Five recently. It took some work dialing back some roundness into the low end at first. Definitely an aggressive overdrive if you let it.

Is this the one???! 😍

This is the one boost that could make a 822 sound a little better.

Yeah the Flux Drive is great! My only issue with it is that it can be quite noisy - more of issue some amps than others

Got a Mesa Flux Drive today. Man, it's a killer pedal! It's like a pissed off Spark Boost with a more responsive EQ, more output & drive, yet can still be somewhat transparent. Doesn't color your tone, (unless you get crazy), tightens things up nicely. Great pedal that might fly under the radar a bit.
is that the one with the built in 5 band?

Could be... But as somebody noted, it's got more output and less compression. I can attest to that, since I've owned a BB.
That's what i hated about the BB. That compression. Xotic pedals all have this thing going on. I haven't kept one full time on my board so far. EP, RC,BB, Super Clean, wah. Not cutting it for the long haul.

The BB preamp has 3x the gain of a Tubescreamer. Bear that in mind when dialling it in, 11oclock is equivalent to gain on max on a TS. There’s no actual compression happening in the original BB preamp, it’s just got a ton of saturation that quickly gets out of hand if you’re using it as a boost. The Flux Drive is similar but less extreme.

Back