Question for my Boogie bro bros!

I settled on the precision drive with my green stripe, pretty aggressive combination though.

no haven’t been able to play period lately, but turns out my friend has a riot not a koko boost.

however i have a hermida dual boost and will try it next opportunity!
Riot I hear is really cool . But I’ve not played . Reb Beach said it’s his favorite in new guitar world . Off all pedals

I'm wondering what the unit above the switchblade is....is it a 2nd mixer? I've often thought(and seeing fripp have a mixer with his switchblade) that headroom issues would be eliminated if you could have one master bus/mixer to take the beating when summing all the outputs of your effects units.
that my friend is a Neve 16 channel summing mixer. talk about a dream tool for the job!

in this rig the bradshaw 4 amp switcher is sending the selected head’s speaker output into the fryette power station to attenuate the dry cab volume, as well as create the line output feeding the switchblade.

to your point, the switchblade’s line level outputs to the rack device’s inputs seems pretty friendly in this circumstance.

the switchblade is acting as a glorified splitter to feed the 2290, pcm70, h8000, spx2000, and terc. i told him at some point he should insert a compressor in one of the loops and make that switchable for clean tones.

all stereo outputs are sent to the neve channels in parallel pairs, panned left and right, and summed to the mixer’s main L/R output feeding the wet stereo power amp du jour.

one great thing about the neve is when programming effects on one particular device, you can attenuate the mixer inputs for the other fx very quickly with the individual channel input controls on the mixer.

ok dude here’s the best part— i gotta spill the beans on this ridiculous find. you may get a bit more jealous..🤣

i stopped into this funky consignment store recently to buy a used golf club (stepson broke my 1 wood🥺) and discovered they sold electronics like cameras and watches and stereos…..

and musical items.

i started poking around and stumbled on this on a shelf in the back of the store (can you see the price tag?!!)🤯
View attachment 129640
it was labeled “junk” because it did not seem to be working property. fired it up and tubes glowed, but it had no volume on clean or rhythm 2 but barely audible sound on lead channel.

i had the guy at the check out counter allow me to open up the chassis to check out the guts.

seemed to be in pretty good condition internally but clearly hadn’t been used in a long time.

i was totally not in the market for an amp, but for that price i rolled the dice (no returns or warranty on “junk” items) and promptly took it to my friend’s gtr store where it just so happened that his tech was there working on a boogie bass amp and had just serviced two Mark IIIs earlier that week. asked him do a diagnostic.

got a call the next day. ready for pickup!
tech found one bad resistor and someone had been in it and apparently wired the volume control improperly which he corrected. the other variables, reverb fan and fx loop, were working perfectly and tubes tested fine! $200 for 2 hrs service.
winning!!!

came with the rhythm and lead footswitches and original instruction manual and service sheet, but no reverb/eq switch. big deal! i gots me a boogie again!!

That tag looks familiar? Did you get the amp from a Japanese used stuff store like Eco Town or BookOff? Also was always curious on those Mahalo cabs, I remember seeing some at GC. How is it?

That tag looks familiar? Did you get the amp from a Japanese used stuff store like Eco Town or BookOff? Also was always curious on those Mahalo cabs, I remember seeing some at GC. How is it?
don quijote waipahu🤣
the cab is killer and can be run in mono 16 or 4 ohms and stereo 8ohms
wsg veterans 30 speakers sound great!

don quijote waipahu🤣
the cab is killer and can be run in mono 16 or 4 ohms and stereo 8ohms
wsg veterans 30 speakers sound great!
Your telling me you picked up that head from Don Quijote in Waipahu? Wot?? Brraah... that is crazy... you scored man wow. I guess I need to go to Waipahu more lol... heck I rarely go past Kalihi, and if I do its to go to GC but even thats rare for me. I usually stay in town and just go to Dans 🤙.

FCBAE3F4-4D83-4762-B593-F517A9971947.jpeg

last night’s line up. the hermida dual boost worked nicely in front of the amp, but like some of you mentioned, i’m sorta getting used to the lead channel as is. less is more!
what’s crazy is that at really low volume the amp plays so slinky. love that.

the H9 sounded great in the loop. better than the dd-2.

this clip was with volume so low you can hear the fan in the amp and string noise almost as loud as the speaker:

and this one i barely bumped up the 6.6k graphic eq and moved my iphone a little closer to the speaker cone for more Randy sizzle

With a Mark amp, all you need is a clean boost.

Get a Boss GE-7 EQ pedal or RC Boost and that should be plenty.
mahalo!
i did try my hermida dual boost and it did sorta what i was expecting, but maybe it’s just me needing to refine my playing and touch to the amp.

you can probably hear me making love to that picture bro....it's.....faptastic!!!!killer rig Pat!!!
that much glass and iron does bring out romantic nostalgia of an era of overbuilding and excess that sadly seems to be fading away. i’m already a bonafide dinosaur and the love i have for this thing overpowers the strain it puts on my fossilized lower back!

this was a cool interview! looking forward to new Nuno! such a ripper and always one of my favorite rock tone guys:

Hoping you all have an Aloha Friday wherever you are in the world and a wonderful weekend🤙🏽

Back