Mystery illness struck me down. Anyone have one like this?

mooncobra

Anybody have any brutal illnesses that weren’t Covid? I have a monster of an illness. It cycles between freezing to death cold, then roasting alive followed by a period of relative calm. Before long the freezing shakes return and for 2 of the cycles you haVe a very high fever.

I also have bad body aches,
Over the top fatigue, headaches and slight congestion. Took another Covid test and negative again.

Anybody experienced this nasty illness? Just curious.

Had similar thing about a month ago. Worst body aches I’ve ver had. Original COVID long gone. Viruses mutate from one person to the next then burn out. But for some reason people getting influenza in summer months. If it was a bio weapon as some have suggested who knows. Covid was respiratory mainly.
Fluids vitamin D C and zinc may help. If it’s a flu bug you’re gonna feel like crap for 7-14 days. Get rest. Avoid sugars too.
Unless you have a bacterial infection in which case you may need antibiotics. If it’s a virus gotta tough it out. Man still hasn’t cured the common cold.
May need to see MD if it doesn’t clear up or things get worse

Had similar thing about a month ago. Worst body aches I’ve ver had. Original COVID long gone. Viruses mutate from one person to the next then burn out. But for some reason people getting influenza in summer months. If it was a bio weapon as some have suggested who knows. Covid was respiratory mainly.
Fluids vitamin D C and zinc may help. If it’s a flu bug you’re gonna feel like crap for 7-14 days. Get rest. Avoid sugars too.
Unless you have a bacterial infection in which case you may need antibiotics. If it’s a virus gotta tough it out. Man still hasn’t cured the common cold.
May need to see MD if it doesn’t clear up or things get worse
Yeah, probably some sort of super flu: been trying to stay hydrated and take vitamins. But ingesting any fluids is hard because it’s makes me wretch. I’m not going to throw up, nothing like that. Just hard to get stuff down. Very weird. Thought maybe someone experienced something similar. Thanks man!! I was a little worried because it’s got so bad, so fast.

If only there were specialized ppl whose job was to solve these "mysteries"...but what is life without mysteries
I can’t get up. Far sick. My head starts pounding, dizziness consumes me of vision, I start drifting and would fall. No way I could drive a car.

Had Covid in December. Then in February and May got super sick, both negative for Covid. February was bad but May was far worse. Fever I couldn’t break for a couple of days, congestions, headache, the whole 9. Ended up coughing crap up for 6 weeks following it. When the fever finally broke, it took my body 3-4 days to finally regulate itself. I’d get extreme cold and extreme heat flashes with sweats, but no fever.

In my experience the Covid tests suck and aren’t very reliable. Mine showed negative for days after I was sick then showed up positive. I’d guess it’s the flu or vid. How’s your taste? Coffee and mint for me were disgusting with the vid. Either way I’d megadose some vitamins.

In my experience the Covid tests suck and aren’t very reliable. Mine showed negative for days after I was sick then showed up positive. I’d guess it’s the flu or vid. How’s your taste? Coffee and mint for me were disgusting with the vid. Either way I’d megadose some vitamins.
Ingesting anything at all is pretty awful. Been forcing drinks of Gatorade and water. Horrible. But, I can taste them.

I suppose I will take the third Covid test in morning.

I have no insight on what it could be aside from saying it sounds like some sort of virus. Not to freak you out but it is possible to have 2 viruses at once. Could be possible you have flu & covid at the same time. This could explain why you feel so rough.

In any case I hope you start feeling better soon.

I agree with LP you should get to the doctor. It sounds pretty brutal and no matter how much it sucks drink as much Gatorade and water as you can. I hope you feel better and keep us posted brother.

Anybody have any brutal illnesses that weren’t Covid? I have a monster of an illness. It cycles between freezing to death cold, then roasting alive followed by a period of relative calm. Before long the freezing shakes return and for 2 of the cycles you haVe a very high fever.

I also have bad body aches,
Over the top fatigue, headaches and slight congestion. Took another Covid test and negative again.

Anybody experienced this nasty illness? Just curious.
just got over it. was really bad for a week, then half ass symptoms for another week, and its finally gone now. wasted 3 covid tests too cuz it wasn't that. i couldn't miss work, cuz my job is so short staffed, so i'd suffer through work, then lay in bed the rest of the day and night.
Weed edibles (legal state here) are always nice to have around for shit like that.

Yes a friend had the rapid done. Negative but was positive like three days later.

As for taste yep. Two things. One taking zinc before catching a cold helps and two oddly is a zinc deficiency an lead to a loss of taste.

Mooncobra; Hope you are ok.
Couple things to know about our “new oriental friend”. More than likely you have COVID. Whatever the variant is now ..B5. Something. I have quit keeping up with the as was stated earlier the mutations are alive now. The homes tests suck. Lots of false negatives. In fact regardless of the stated PCR result statistics, these can be off as well.
This virus is neuro-toxic! That’s why you get headache. The loss of smell is the olfactory nerve injury and that’s why taste goes away (most taste is smell). Sweet sour and butter stick around. Lung injury “like ARDS” is what can kill in most cases. But the heart will fail, kidneys fail and liver….. this is multi organ disease and that’s why certain symptoms will occur differently in lots of folks. I take care of these poor souls with this disease and what we know is if it quacks like a duck… guess what?
Btw lots of people with the disease die of other diseases “oh btw, he tested positive for Covid along with having (enter disease name)”
Just like groundhogs day…. This will last us for the rest of our lives.😕.
Mooncobra… Fluids to help prevent blood clots, stay active even if it hurts… someone above said “sugar”. This is true, diabetic tend to do worse..

Back