Mystery illness struck me down. Anyone have one like this?

Harsh summer flu, that's very odd.

Makes me wonder, did the Dr. do a culture or just a diagnosis from the symptoms?

Mooncobra and everyone else who is sick.. clearly no one wants anything bad to happen to anyone, it’s awful so I hope everyone is safe; To my point about this thread; Now I know why TGP hates people like us: It’s a troll festival.. this whole thread is would be phenomenal if the OP was not sick. It sounds like all my friends at a get together and everyone chews on everyone for misspelling, vernacular, syntax and penis pox problems.😏 “Hello honey! I’m Home!”

Go see a doctor you could have a case of ‘cold’ pneumonia. Inflamation of lung tissues causes lack of oxygenation and dizziness is one of the symptoms. Buy a cheap pulseoxymeter and test yourself a couple times per day.

Theres people who actually feel quite ok and just burnt out and it could be pneumonia where you do not cough out anything during the progress. So they never think it could be in their lungs.

I’ve had a bad case of this shit 3 years back and took two rounds of antibiotics and almost 6 weeks to recover.

Do not wait.
Mother in law was admitted to Hospital last night with Pnuemonia.

Nope. There hasn't been the atypical 'flu season' for a decade now. Flu season is all year, every year. Most of the people that struggle against the flu haven't had the yearly flu vaccine.
Not sure where you live but until 2 years ago, the flu and it's vaccines were not talked about around here until October/November every year. And then, a medical miracle happened. It disappeared all together in 2020 :shocked:

Mooncobra and everyone else who is sick.. clearly no one wants anything bad to happen to anyone, it’s awful so I hope everyone is safe; To my point about this thread; Now I know why TGP hates people like us: It’s a troll festival.. this whole thread is would be phenomenal if the OP was not sick. It sounds like all my friends at a get together and everyone chews on everyone for misspelling, vernacular, syntax and penis pox problems.😏 “Hello honey! I’m Home!”

LOL

Not sure where you live but until 2 years ago, the flu and it's vaccines were not talked about around here until October/November every year. And then, a medical miracle happened. It disappeared all together in 2020 :shocked:
Not sure where you live but we’ve had to get a mandatory flu shot every year since I’ve become an RN. Sure, you can decline it but then you have to mask every day. Yes, fall/winter is atypical flu season but we’ve seen it all year, at anytime for years now. So imo there is no ‘Flu Season’ anymore. People can and do get it anytime all year long. As far as a ‘reduced immune response’ causing people to be more susceptible to the flu, that’s just more fake news Bs. Last time I had the flu? 1998. And I’ve been exposed to flu positive people every year for 12 years now.

Not sure where you live but we’ve had to get a mandatory flu shot every year since I’ve become an RN. Sure, you can decline it but then you have to mask every day. Yes, fall/winter is atypical flu season but we’ve seen it all year, at anytime for years now. So imo there is no ‘Flu Season’ anymore. People can and do get it anytime all year long. As far as a ‘reduced immune response’ causing people to be more susceptible to the flu, that’s just more fake news Bs. Last time I had the flu? 1998. And I’ve been exposed to flu positive people every year for 12 years now.
Yeah but are you suggesting that everyone used to get flu shots and now they don’t? Because that’s not the case. Only recently have they pushed flu shots on everyone. It used to only be suggested for at risk demographics like the elderly and immune compromised people. Relatively few people used to get flu shots in the general public statistically speaking.

Yeah but are you suggesting that everyone used to get flu shots and now they don’t? Because that’s not the case. Only recently have they pushed flu shots on everyone. It used to only be suggested for at risk demographics like the elderly and immune compromised people. Relatively few people used to get flu shots in the general public statistically speaking.
Not at all. My point was responding to another post that suggested the reason for the OPs flu diagnosis is that he specifically has a ‘weakened immune response’; and that the flu is a cold season affliction. It’s not a ‘cold season’ sickness anymore; I’ve seen many people get it in summertime. Weakened immune response? That’s obviously an attempt at a ‘dig’ on the Covid Vacc as the OP probably had it. Which is comical since the flu will hit people regardless of if they’ve had the flu/Covid Vacc.
Btw around here, in the Midwest at least the flu Vacc has been offered to everyone for years. I was a corrections officer in the late 90s and they were pushing us to get it back then.

So you’re going to take the bait huh?
Yes, in a moment of infantile baby rage I stooped to this bozos level. I was so sick yesterday and slightly worried about my health, so when I saw this bozo issue his death prophecy I responded. I dropped to his level. Shameful. I am sorry, brothers of Rigtalk, please forgive me. I shall now edit the post.

Yes, in a moment of infantile baby rage I stooped to this bozos level. I was so sick yesterday and slightly worried about my health, so when I saw this bozo issue his death prophecy I responded. I dropped to his level. Shameful. I am sorry, brothers of Rigtalk, please forgive me. I shall now edit the post.
It's okay man, when you are sick it's easy to get irritable. You are always a cool guy, I hope you are feeling better.

glad your doing better bro. we went through round 2 of covid here not long ago. as usual I was fine..then I got hit with some sore throat and fever crud that put me down for a minute. Think it was mono actually....

That's the fun part about RT. We can all troll each other and all realize no one actually has any bad intent. Some of us may take it across the line every now and again, but someone's always around to give a swift kick in the sack to get back in line LOL

All is good. Sometimes the best comedic gold comes from someone flying off the handle with a mad baby tantrum rant.

The flu vaccines are 40% effective and wane fast...no thanks.

All the nursing home residence had flu shots. Come "covid" and most were wiped out. Wonder why...

Reactions: Geo
Back