Why do I feel like this was a dig at Rig-Talk?

I wouldn't doubt if all their administrators and moderators are members here for when they want to participate in real adult conversations.

To answer the questions of "What's the point?"
  • I was bored and trying to amuse myself. I think most of the regulars here have a feel for my sense of humor and know I don't take shit very seriously.
  • People need to stop taking everything so seriously and getting bent out of shape over things that really don't matter.
  • TGP sucks so much that even mild humor is met with a ban (many here have experienced that).
  • The big difference between RT & TGP and how people can speak their mind.
    • Added to that when someone posts such an obvious troll topic we just roll with it here and have fun.
  • The main point... Makes me incredibly happy to have a haven like rig talk where we have excellent mods that can let us have our fun, settle disagreements amongst ourselves, and don't censure us at every turn all while still being able to maintain order. This speaks volumes to the exceptional jobs all the mods do here. Also speaks just as much to the RT community's true maturity that we can disagree, get along just fine and respect each other without being helicopter parented by the mods.
    • I say "true maturity" as in where it counts because let's face it most of us have have the maturity of a 12 year old :LOL:

Anyone who thinks I'm crying poor me, playing the victim for sympathy, or actually upset in any way... Nope, not the case at all. Like I said, just bored and trying to amuse myself in my own weird way. Posted here for anyone who would get a little chuckle out of it too; also the points above. TGP is way too much of a stick in the mud to have fun poking the nest anyway; they don't like to roll with the punches. Guess I'll stick to being entertained by the crazy fuckers here. :LOL:

@ghosty999 Not sure if you are upset by this or not, but I'll address your comments...

First, in general don't take me seriously and it's extremely hard to actually offend me. Sounds like you never saw the original post, I posted it both at TGP and here for all to read. Yes it was a bit of troll post but written in a way that could be read as a legitimate topic and actually did not violate any of TGP's posted rules. The purpose & phrasing of my why did I get banned message was not to cry poor me what did I do to deserve this. It was my own micro experiment to see how the mods there would respond, knowing how many people get banned unfairly based solely on mods not agreeing with or liking the content and not the actual rules. Like said above, just amusing myself and posted here for anyone else who may get a little amusement out of it. As a contrast posting the same thing here, most just laughed at the absurdity coming up with their own ridiculousness. I remember something about Fredman's Pink Taco being offensive. TGP could troll post over here and no one would give a shit and just let it ride. We'd end up having our own fun with it. Kinda like when you're at an outdoor concert and it starts raining. Fuck it now it's a mud pit party, or better yet wet t-shirt contest. Rain's not gonna ruin our good time.

It's unfortunate you feel like you need to keep your mouth shut lest you become labeled as an enemy. The mindset here does sway towards a certain direction, but the majority here aren't going to ostracize you for having a different opinion. As far as I'm concerned you can disagree with me about everything, it doesn't hurt my feelings. You're still a fellow forumite. Stand your ground and dish it right back out if anyone gives you shit. And none of the mods are gonna ban you from RT because you don't share their exact same opinions.

To answer the questions of "What's the point?"
  • I was bored and trying to amuse myself. I think most of the regulars here have a feel for my sense of humor and know I don't take shit very seriously.
  • People need to stop taking everything so seriously and getting bent out of shape over things that really don't matter.
  • TGP sucks so much that even mild humor is met with a ban (many here have experienced that).
  • The big difference between RT & TGP and how people can speak their mind.
    • Added to that when someone posts such an obvious troll topic we just roll with it here and have fun.
  • The main point... Makes me incredibly happy to have a haven like rig talk where we have excellent mods that can let us have our fun, settle disagreements amongst ourselves, and don't censure us at every turn all while still being able to maintain order. This speaks volumes to the exceptional jobs all the mods do here. Also speaks just as much to the RT community's true maturity that we can disagree, get along just fine and respect each other without being helicopter parented by the mods.
    • I say "true maturity" as in where it counts because let's face it most of us have have the maturity of a 12 year old :LOL:

Anyone who thinks I'm crying poor me, playing the victim for sympathy, or actually upset in any way... Nope, not the case at all. Like I said, just bored and trying to amuse myself in my own weird way. Posted here for anyone who would get a little chuckle out of it too; also the points above. TGP is way too much of a stick in the mud to have fun poking the nest anyway; they don't like to roll with the punches. Guess I'll stick to being entertained by the crazy fuckers here. :LOL:

@ghosty999 Not sure if you are upset by this or not, but I'll address your comments...

First, in general don't take me seriously and it's extremely hard to actually offend me. Sounds like you never saw the original post, I posted it both at TGP and here for all to read. Yes it was a bit of troll post but written in a way that could be read as a legitimate topic and actually did not violate any of TGP's posted rules. The purpose & phrasing of my why did I get banned message was not to cry poor me what did I do to deserve this. It was my own micro experiment to see how the mods there would respond, knowing how many people get banned unfairly based solely on mods not agreeing with or liking the content and not the actual rules. Like said above, just amusing myself and posted here for anyone else who may get a little amusement out of it. As a contrast posting the same thing here, most just laughed at the absurdity coming up with their own ridiculousness. I remember something about Fredman's Pink Taco being offensive. TGP could troll post over here and no one would give a shit and just let it ride. We'd end up having our own fun with it. Kinda like when you're at an outdoor concert and it starts raining. Fuck it now it's a mud pit party, or better yet wet t-shirt contest. Rain's not gonna ruin our good time.

It's unfortunate you feel like you need to keep your mouth shut lest you become labeled as an enemy. The mindset here does sway towards a certain direction, but the majority here aren't going to ostracize you for having a different opinion. As far as I'm concerned you can disagree with me about everything, it doesn't hurt my feelings. You're still a fellow forumite. Stand your ground and dish it right back out if anyone gives you shit. And none of the mods are gonna ban you from RT because you don't share their exact same opinions.
CommentPhotos.com_1395082949.jpg

Go have a beer or a toke dude. Spend some time in nature or play guitar.

just doesn't *feel* like it's accepted wahhhh

:cry:Hello darkness my old friend...

It's amazing how different forums are, when "specific" viewpoints aren't enforced by the mods

CommentPhotos.com_1395082949.jpg

Go have a beer or a toke dude. Spend some time in nature or play guitar.
I'm down for a jam session. You buyin' the booze? I'm kinda in the mood for a whisky sour. Not gonna go outside though it's to hot and humid. I hate when my nuts start sticking to my thighs.

i think a great way to hear the difference between the two amps is AC/DC 75-76 is 1959 . Then hear what happens in 77 and 78 on Let thereBe Rock and Powerage. Holy shit the tones just got even better for me . This helps nothing in the thread lol I just wanted to say that once lol

I'm down for a jam session. You buyin' the booze? I'm kinda in the mood for a whisky sour. Not gonna go outside though it's to hot and humid. I hate when my nuts start sticking to my thighs.
I'm always down. I come from the land of Whiskey with an E, so our balls often freeze to our legs. I'll bring a bottle of Glengoyne.

Just don't do all 4 at once or you might have some old lady calling the police on the "drunk and high guy sitting in the woods behind my house playing Fire and Rain by James Taylor at 2 am". I am NOT speaking from personal experience here....
01F78799-0EF8-40D7-A554-D7A77924588A.jpg

Last edited:
i think a great way to hear the difference between the two amps is AC/DC 75-76 is 1959 . Then hear what happens in 77 and 78 on Let thereBe Rock and Powerage. Holy shit the tones just got even better for me . This helps nothing in the thread lol I just wanted to say that once lol
This is the most coherent useful thing anyone's said thus far in this thread. It helps a lot.

This works in this thread lol we all need to know this lmao

Maybe twice a year during a blizzard or some shit I’ll actually get bored enough to see what’s up at TGP, that’s enough

Back