Mystery illness struck me down. Anyone have one like this?

No. I simply have better than a 5th grade reading comprehension level. Its not a 10% effectiveness rate, its a vaccine for 10% of the types of flu circulating, usually the most dangerous 10%.
Yes I must have a reading comprehension problem. When they say 10% effective what they really meant to say was that it's a vaccine for 10% of the types of flu circulating...

Not.

Last edited:
Call an actual doctor and ignore the tinfoil hat wearing goobers on this board. If you are immobilized, there are facilities that still do house calls if needed. But a quick phone call will give you more trustworthy advice than posting on a guitar forum. We don’t need to lose any more brothers around here. Take care of yourself dude.
THIS.

"
Yes I must have a reading comprehension problem. When they say 10% effective what they really meant to say was that it's a vaccine for 10% of the types of flu circulating...

Not.

just for clarity, that whole article was nonsense. again, you seem like a smart guy from your musical posts. i challenge you to learn how vaccines are designed and how the strains are selected.

and get the info from a medical source. not an "aging institute" blog post from huffpost.

its much closer to what i described.

just get bored and google it man.

"

just for clarity, that whole article was nonsense. again, you seem like a smart guy from your musical posts. i challenge you to learn how vaccines are designed and how the strains are selected.

and get the info from a medical source. not an "aging institute" blog post from huffpost.

its much closer to what i described.

just get bored and google it man.
If you read the article which you probably didn't, it tells you the CDC is the one saying the flu vaccine was 10% effective for that year. There are numerous sources also reporting it, just "google it".

Regardless, 10%, 40%, 60%. Those numbers are laughable and if they can convince you to take it then what else can I tell you. Enjoy!

flu-slide.jpg

Last edited:
RIP Mooncobra. Too soon?
Yes, I died inside many years ago. I no longer exist on the plane of humanity, i just have a piece of machinery I fashioned in a metal shop to pump blood. I am now just a husk of a former human. I’m also the first being to design an artificial heart that works but medical companies said nobody in their right mind would put this piece of rusting metal machinery in their chest, so I live off the only prototype. It resembles a smashed metal rubies cube with a couple lawn hoses passing through it.

Anybody have any brutal illnesses that weren’t Covid? I have a monster of an illness. It cycles between freezing to death cold, then roasting alive followed by a period of relative calm. Before long the freezing shakes return and for 2 of the cycles you haVe a very high fever.

I also have bad body aches,
Over the top fatigue, headaches and slight congestion. Took another Covid test and negative again.

Anybody experienced this nasty illness? Just curious.
This is exactly what happened to me last November. Couldn't shake it, had the same alternating cycles, finally found out it was a virus that attacked my heart, and I had to get a heart transplant in March (I already had heart issues previously, though). I went from 101 degrees to 93 degrees in 45 minutes the night I had to call 911. The hospital couldn't figure out what it was, either. All tests came back negative, but the damage it did could be tracked.

Pretty scary...I hope it's not what you have.

Yes, I died inside many years ago. I no longer exist on the plane of humanity, i just have a piece of machinery I fashioned in a metal shop to pump blood. I am now just a husk of a former human. I’m also the first being to design an artificial heart that works but medical companies said nobody in their right mind would put this piece of rusting metal machinery in their chest, so I live off the only prototype. It resembles a smashed metal rubies cube with a couple lawn hoses passing through it.
Wasn’t that an episode of the original Star Trek where they took out Spock’s brain? 😏

This is exactly what happened to me last November. Couldn't shake it, had the same alternating cycles, finally found out it was a virus that attacked my heart, and I had to get a heart transplant in March (I already had heart issues previously, though). I went from 101 degrees to 93 degrees in 45 minutes the night I had to call 911. The hospital couldn't figure out what it was, either. All tests came back negative, but the damage it did could be tracked.

Wow, glad you survived that!! No, luckily I had a terrible flu. Wow, I have never heard of a virus you pick up that attacks the heart. I heard of infections in the heart but not a virus. I am glad you secured a heart and survived this. Stay well.

Im not wishing death on anyone man. Im saying this unbridled fear of vaccines is stupid.
You obviously didnt read my post very well. Ill try to use smaller words for you next time.

Ill ask you as well - do you know anyone with polio? How about terrible mumps scars? No? Bc your parents and grandparents were smarter than you. Thats why.

Such a dumb reply by you. Im actually offended. Im the one saying “hey maybe take the vaccine that helps prevent death”.
Those aren’t fair comparisons. Virus transmissibility is not all the same. We’ve been dealing with influenza for over 100 years. Vaccines every year. The mutation rate is quicker that what a vaccine can be developed.

If you read the article which you probably didn't, it tells you the CDC is the one saying the flu vaccine was 10% effective for that year. There are numerous sources also reporting it, just "google it".

Regardless, 10%, 40%, 60%. Those numbers are laughable and if they can convince you to take it then what else can I tell you. Enjoy!
Yeah i read the article posted - it was written by a nobody MD who runs an anti-aging clinic. (Do w that what you will) - and im saying above AND now that effectiveness in vaccines is the rate in which they stop a given population of strains.

Your chart proves my point. The breakout years of mutation the effectiveness rates take a shit bc of all the mutations.

If fhere are 100 possible flus, a 10% rate means that years vaccine helps you prep for 10 of them. You can still get the other 90. You can also get the 10% covered but you will have a partial immunity to those 10. If those 10 are the ones likely to make me shit my pants or die, yeah im getting the fucking shot.

Why is math and science hard for some of you? Im gonna take 60 years of research on vaccines and how they work over a guy that probably does vaginal rejuvenation surgery’s blog on huffpost. Bro.

So yeah, “google it” is still my answer. JFC you old turds just batter around each others posts hoping people will give up if you blab your nonsense enough. Youre wrong. The guy i replied to is wrong, the OTHER guy i replied to is a moron.

And i hope the OP gets well soon.

Last edited:
Yes, I am on the road to recovery. Day 4 or 5, something like that, feel better by 50%. Still have slight chills and heat cycle and a solid headache, but the energy stealing fatigue is much better and ingesting fluids is also a lot easier. Doing well. Thanks for inquiring.
Sorry to be a part of the clown show shitting on your thread. Im glad ur doing better man

Geez that sounds scary - glad ur still with us! I imagine u have a TON of drugs to take to make sure you dont reject the heart? Or is that only in other organs?

This reminds me j need to find an excuse to buy one of your speakers!

Geez that sounds scary - glad ur still with us! I imagine u have a TON of drugs to take to make sure you dont reject the heart? Or is that only in other organs?

This reminds me j need to find an excuse to buy one of your speakers!
Currently I have 32 pills and 3 granule packets I take each day, at 8 am, 12 noon, 6 pm and 8 pm. They've changed my meds about 15 times since I got out of Mayo in late May. They have dialed it in well enough for me to go home and work again. Luckily my lead speaker builder has been great about doing the builds and the shipping for the last 6 months.

Looking forward to going home on Monday, this rented Air BNB condo is costing us $4k per month, plus splitting the mortgage on our house in Prescott, AZ. That'll kill your expendable discretionary income real quick...not to mention the insurance deductibles, bills, pills, etc.

Back