Is the tube crisis still in play?

just42dave

I have frikin tubes out my ears from last winter and my previous collection. I do not even want to look and see if there is still an issue, so Ill ask you guys lol.

They’ve resolved the quantity issues, but quality? Not so sure. All quiet on the Western Electric front it seems.

I was going to start a thread on this today too, specifically asking what's going on with the Western Electric production? Are they tooling up? I'm pretty well stocked, but I'd really like to try something they make if it's going to be on par with the NOS stuff and I'll pay what it costs, knowing I can always get more.

I have frikin tubes out my ears from last winter and my previous collection. I do not even want to look and see if there is still an issue, so Ill ask you guys lol.
nope. as stated by everyone of merit, most everything caught back up, with permanently higher prices.

you have a stash of covid toliet paper too?

nope. as stated by everyone of merit, most everything caught back up, with permanently higher prices.

you have a stash of covid toliet paper too?
A little bit that someone offered me if you need to know. And as far as tubes go I have been collecting for years not as bad as psycho Dave though :).

My Mesa Mark V is acting up. I have no clue when it was last serviced. I hope I can get it running again. I think it just needs tubes.

I saw something with Dave Friedman the other day saying that the Shuguang factory is suppose to start up again in January and he said something about ps-vane tubes are good and he will start using those soon for his production amps. So good things to come I hope.

I saw something with Dave Friedman the other day saying that the Shuguang factory is suppose to start up again in January and he said something about ps-vane tubes are good and he will start using those soon for his production amps. So good things to come I hope.
Was just looking at those psvane tubes on a website. They seem like they might be ok based on the price and description:

The Psvane ECC83 is a high quality, high gain, dual triode. This tube has a noval base and is praised for its warm and complex sound. The Psvane ECC83 works well in any ECC83 / 12AX7 position. The Psvane Classic Series is focused on the reproduction of popular vacuum tubes found in classic audio equipment. When designing the Classic Series, Psvane collected the most sought-after NOS tubes and analyzed each element of their construction, incorporating the most effective manufacturing techniques to produce stable tubes with excellent sound. Whether used in guitar amplifiers or hifi stereo systems, the Psvane Classic Series vacuum tubes excel in all applications. Psvane has been producing high quality vacuum tubes since 2011. The Psvane team originally formed in Shuguang’s high-end tube division but eventually split off to form their own brand.

Yeah I saw him say that the PSVANE power tubes are good but that the preamp tubes kinda suck

Back