Mystery illness struck me down. Anyone have one like this?

Currently I have 32 pills and 3 granule packets I take each day, at 8 am, 12 noon, 6 pm and 8 pm. They've changed my meds about 15 times since I got out of Mayo in late May. They have dialed it in well enough for me to go home and work again. Luckily my lead speaker builder has been great about doing the builds and the shipping for the last 6 months.

Looking forward to going home on Monday, this rented Air BNB condo is costing us $4k per month, plus splitting the mortgage on our house in Prescott, AZ. That'll kill your expendable discretionary income real quick...not to mention the insurance deductibles, bills, pills, etc.
Just hearing about your surgery now, Jim! Best wishes, prayers and mojo your way for a full recovery and long, healthy life!

Currently I have 32 pills and 3 granule packets I take each day, at 8 am, 12 noon, 6 pm and 8 pm. They've changed my meds about 15 times since I got out of Mayo in late May. They have dialed it in well enough for me to go home and work again. Luckily my lead speaker builder has been great about doing the builds and the shipping for the last 6 months.

Looking forward to going home on Monday, this rented Air BNB condo is costing us $4k per month, plus splitting the mortgage on our house in Prescott, AZ. That'll kill your expendable discretionary income real quick...not to mention the insurance deductibles, bills, pills, etc.
Godspeed brother!

This is exactly what happened to me last November. Couldn't shake it, had the same alternating cycles, finally found out it was a virus that attacked my heart, and I had to get a heart transplant in March (I already had heart issues previously, though). I went from 101 degrees to 93 degrees in 45 minutes the night I had to call 911. The hospital couldn't figure out what it was, either. All tests came back negative, but the damage it did could be tracked.

Pretty scary...I hope it's not what you have.
I am very shocked and sorry to hear of your illness and struggle Jim. Please accept my best wishes on you getting better and resuming your life after your recuperation. I had a probable life ending accident 9 years ago myself and it took a long time to get back to where I was at, so my only advice it to be patient not to over do things in during rehab.

Sending you thoughts and prayers Jim! Take Care!

Gentlemen, thanks very much! I'm going to see Billy Fucking Idol tonight, how bad can I be? Here's a pic of Steve playing one of the three purple "Ray Gun" cabs I built for him in 2010. This picture was taken on the 2010 tour opening night in Moscow. I'm sitting 11th row tonight, so I'm doing much better, thank you all!
Jim

Attachments

• SS in Moscow with new purple cabs.jpg
    SS in Moscow with new purple cabs.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 37
Sorry to hear this has been such a struggle for you Jim.

Godspeed for the remainder of the journey man. :thumbsup:
Hey, it could have been worse...a lot worse...dark, lonely and no music, friends or my spouse. I'm just happy to still be here, above ground, and going to concerts of the bands I love. I start back with physical therapy next week to try and get my strength back, even though I'm still 40 lbs less than I was on March 1st. I need to go shopping...you know you lost a lot of weight when the size 34 jeans hang on you, threatening to stop dropping at your ankles and you're 6ft, 2" in height, and 172 pounds. A lot of work ahead, and I'm basically going to have to relearn guitar due to the loss of strength in my hands. At least I can still type and build speakers!

I can relate to a lot of that Jim.

6'2" here too and usually (the past 20 years) 63kg due to autoimmune, chronic fatigue & heavy metal poisoning.

Got COVID in tandem with a poisoning last December and lost 8kg (down to 55) in the 3 weeks I spent on the couch. Turns out I've had long COVID ever since and it happens to amplify my existing symptoms, so the loss of strength, breathlessness and so on persist.

I'm very-glad to see in you're thankful for those things; kudos brother. Not so lucky here. Dark house (literally, plus no heating), lonely (try being sick for decades and guaranteed this will happen), no spouse for 30 years, no concerts, restaurants, clubs etc. since 1993 and so on... and on!

So, bottom line is I reckon your attitude is healthy, commendable and a great example to all; you deserve to get well pronto! :cheers2:

Back