New guy; New Herbert Mk3

VHTStark

Hey folks,

I picked up a Herbert mk3 2 months ago and absolutely love the thing; right up there with my 90's Ecstasy 101b for top dog!

Cleans: Huge, high headroom and piano like
Ch2: love being able to switch from -/+ mode via midi. Surprised at how great the mid gain crunch tones are.
Ch3: tight, Searing liquid leads or another crusher for rythm.
Overall, the amp has a huge and punchy response and while it is a bit tighter and leaner than old mk1 I remember trying, it still has enough give to feel good under the fingers!

Now deciding on which cab to get....
20220630_162413.jpg

I want to save up and get a Diezel front-loaded cab with V30s. Every demo or IR I've heard of it I liked.

I want to save up and get a Diezel front-loaded cab with V30s. Every demo or IR I've heard of it I liked.

I haven't played the Herbert through the FL with V30's, but I can't see it being anything but awesome! I have tried my friends FL V30 with a couple other heads and loved it: tight, clear and punchy! That one is a safe bet and like I say, it sounds good with other heads.

Here’s a tip from Leo Diezel:
“More channel volume less master volume means a slighly tighter and compressed sound
More Master volume less channel volume means a fuller, more dynamic sound”

Changing the chrome corners to black definitely adds more gain

I have a Mesa cab that had straight V30s. Took two out and replaced them with K100s in an x-pattern. Much happier with it now. My Herbert MK3 (Tad RB 6L6) sounds great through it.

Did you get yours new? What tubes do you got in it?

“More channel volume less master volume means a slighly tighter and compressed sound

I have a Mesa cab that had straight V30s. Took two out and replaced them with K100s in an x-pattern. Much happier with it now. My Herbert MK3 (Tad RB 6L6) sounds great through it.

That is a really good tip.....I will definitely do some playing around with the channel/master volume interplay. Where do you like to set yours?

What did you find swapping out the V30's for k100' s do for your tone? I would like to leave my old Mesa cab stock, and I am fairly sold on getting a Diezel cab, although I still flip/flop between the V30's and k100's.

Oh! I bought the mk3 brand new a couple months ago now. Stock with 6l6's!

That is a really good tip.....I will definitely do some playing around with the channel/master volume interplay. Where do you like to set yours?

What did you find swapping out the V30's for k100' s do for your tone? I would like to leave my old Mesa cab stock, and I am fairly sold on getting a Diezel cab, although I still flip/flop between the V30's and k100's.
Typically run my master about 11-12 o’clock and turn my channel volume to whatever loudness I am looking for.

Adding 2 K100s to the 2 V30s darkened it up quite a bit. More bottom end. Felt like the all V30 was too bright.

Just bought a Diezel Herbert. My HK has been having issues. I bought the original FS7HE footswitch for it. But every time I hit channel #2. It goes to the plus mode. Is there a fix for this. I have tried emailing Diezel. But no response.

Just bought a Diezel Herbert. My HK has been having issues. I bought the original FS7HE footswitch for it. But every time I hit channel #2. It goes to the plus mode. Is there a fix for this. I have tried emailing Diezel. But no response.
Do you have a MK2 or MK3 ?

Last edited:
So I guess my next question. Can I switch this via midi ? Sure I can. I have looked everywhere. Can not find the FS8HE pedal

Back