Vai Academy/Vai jam

DS - you are a legit baller on this forum. 99% of folks on here (me included) couldn’t play a power chord with Vai staring at us. You didn’t just play. You threw down. You belonged there.

I remember you posted one of the earlier ones you went to a while back Daz (I think?).

Looks like so much fun. Even if I could shred I wouldn't be able to in that scenario. Kudos brother! :cheers2:

Yeah that’s pretty kick ass. I couldn’t do that. I can emulate but I can not make shit up like that on the fly. Maybe I don’t practice the art of improv.. ie I suck unless you wanna hear someone else’s stuff. 😕. Vai has been an all time hero for me.. I thought having a JEM would make me like him; nope. I got one a few years back when I could afford the anniversary 777 edition. I still suck like I did at 20 years old.

So last weekend I attended Vai Academy, man those are fun!! Got to spend 4 days attending clinics/jams with Vai, Guthrie Govan, Nuno Bettencourt, Yvette Young, Tommy Emanuel, Billy Sheehan and more. These are also a real kick in the pants too at inspiring you to take your playing to whatever your next level is, just good all around! Also a hilight is everyone gets the opportunity to jam with Vai and his band. You just walk up with a riff and see what happens! Here’s my jam, you can see how loose it starts and then develops. It’s an awesome experience!

Great playing bro.

So everyone gets to jam with vai now? Wow. Cool. My friend was going to attend and he told me it cost extra to jam with vai. He will be fired up to hear everyone gets to jam now. Well done man!!

DS - you are a legit baller on this forum. 99% of folks on here (me included) couldn’t play a power chord with Vai staring at us. You didn’t just play. You threw down. You belonged there.
aww thanks man!! There are players at every level that get up, It’s pretty cool to watch Vai and the band making everyone comfortable and getting good things out of them.

Reactions: PDC
I remember you posted one of the earlier ones you went to a while back Daz (I think?).

Looks like so much fun. Even if I could shred I wouldn't be able to in that scenario. Kudos brother! :cheers2:
thanks man!! This is my 4th one!! These are such cool experiences Im hooked lol

Yeah that’s pretty kick ass. I couldn’t do that. I can emulate but I can not make shit up like that on the fly. Maybe I don’t practice the art of improv.. ie I suck unless you wanna hear someone else’s stuff. 😕. Vai has been an all time hero for me.. I thought having a JEM would make me like him; nope. I got one a few years back when I could afford the anniversary 777 edition. I still suck like I did at 20 years old.
hey man all about having fun :) I saw some really laid back jams that were awesome. Everybody walks up with a riff they are comfortable jamming over

Great playing bro.

So everyone gets to jam with vai now? Wow. Cool. My friend was going to attend and he told me it cost extra to jam with vai. He will be fired up to hear everyone gets to jam now. Well done man!!
thanks!!! ya know it didnt cost extra, but they said you had to sign up before jan 1, 2022 to be guaranteed a jam spot. But I dont think they enforced that, I think everyone jammed with him.

Back