Famous Rock Star that you regretted dying most

Randy Rhoads for me. If for no other reason than we didn't get to hear what could have been. EVH hit me hard but at least I felt like I had heard everything he had to offer musically. Same for SRV, as tragic as his death was.

dime is the obvious answer because he was murdered on stage. Even though he would have died prematurely from his lifestyle, like his brother, getting murdered is worse and far more sudden than slow self destruction.

Alexi Laiho's death hit pretty hard. He was easily in my top 5 fav guitar players, been a fan since 99. dying so early from alcohol abuse is a fear of mine. I spent a lot of years hitting it pretty hard. day drinking, morning drinking, partying till dawn, etc. So even though i'm not a touring "rock star", i still drank like one, and I feel like that could just as easily happen to me one day.

Freddy and prince.
But if one group I could see would be Freddy Mercury’s queen. I remember vividly live aid and when they hit the stage. Fuck! These guys kick ass. Who cares what they suck on. I wish I could have seen them. Prince prolly distance second.

Rhoads for me!! So young and so tragic! Dime and Stevie would be a close seconds!

The ones that pass because of bad life chooses I can’t sympathize with!

for me, it was Chris Cornell… then Eddie.
At least Eddie Van Halen died of cancer… Chris Cornell was murdered,

I don’t care what anyone says, he was knocked off.
I believe He and Chester Bennington were about to blow up a huge pedophile ring and that was it… for both of ‘em.

Criss Oliva

Before that it was Stevie Ray Vaughan.
Back in 1989 I went to Riverfest to see Badlands. They were great! But, I felt bad for them since there was like 100 people tops. They weren't really advertised though; and they played on one of the side stages. After they finished SRV was up on the main stage. I wasn't that familiar with him as I was into hard rock/heavier stuff than SRV. But, I went up to watch him and was blown the F&*^ away. He played for 2 1/2 hours straight; shuffling from side to side with his wireless headset vocal mic. Just unreal; I've been a fan ever since. Tragic loss.

for me, it was Chris Cornell… then Eddie.
At least Eddie Van Halen died of cancer… Chris Cornell was murdered,

I don’t care what anyone says, he was knocked off.
I believe He and Chester Bennington were about to blow up a huge pedophile ring and that was it… for both of ‘em.
I’ve never heard this^^^. Was this part of the Epstein dealio? Or some other freak show ?

Cliff Burton. I still remember the morning my Mom woke me up for school and told me he died. I had just started Junior year and had been really getting into them big time. I had only been playing guitar less than a year and was learning "Sanatarium", "Fade to Black", "The Four Horsemen", etc. I was digging into the music so deep, reading the liner notes on the albums, etc.

I was living in Germany at the time and my friends and I were talking about going to see them in a few weeks but then the tragedy happened. Just was sad the timing of it, thr way he died, who he was as a musical force, etc.

At school all of us metalheads were playing songs that day and it was just somber. I got to see his Rickenbacker in person and was really cool. The accidents hit me harder than thr drug overdoses, etc because it was just random and not at their own doing.

Cliff Burton. I still remember the morning my Mom woke me up for school and told me he died. I had just started Junior year and had been really getting into them big time. I had only been playing guitar less than a year and was learning "Sanatarium", "Fade to Black", "The Four Horsemen", etc. I was digging into the music so deep, reading the liner notes on the albums, etc.

I was living in Germany at the time and my friends and I were talking about going to see them in a few weeks but then the tragedy happened. Just was sad the timing of it, thr way he died, who he was as a musical force, etc.

At school all of us metalheads were playing songs that day and it was just somber. I got to see his Rickenbacker in person and was really cool. The accidents hit me harder than thr drug overdoses, etc because it was just random and not at their own doing.
Very similar experience here ( but in NJ at the time). I must have been a soph or Jr in HS and all the metal heads (A Lot) were in mourning for a while.

Back