old school stereo rig...

JackBootedThug

MURDERATOR
guy is selling two fender rivera era model black knob "the twin" combos and two fender tonemaster 4x12's...each loaded with g12k-100's for a grand. My first real amp was a fender red knob super 60 so I'm kinda nostalgic.....I'm just wondering if it would even be worth fooling with. To heavy to move around(they weigh almost 90 lbs each)and the volume goes from 0 to rip your head off so not really good for home playing. 85 watts each with a ton of options.....not what I need at all but....fuck I bet that would be glorious cranked with the right pedal slamming the front end. what do you guys think?

Grab it, I have two of those Rivera era Concert amps. Have headshells made for the Twins, and there are Lee Jackson mods for those as well I think. The last point to point Fenders. Killer. The Tonemaster cabs came with V30s so why did he switch ?

Last edited:
Yep get them and have some fun. I love stereo setups and must confess I have two PV 5150 combo amps running stereo and they sound ridiculous when turned up.

bingo! 2 twins for a grand? plus cabs?

some of the best clean tones ever (ej, holdsworth, landau) to be had from a pair of sweet fenders in stereo

I'm actually in the process of working on an epic new amp day...at least epic to me anyway. If that falls through I'll buy these. Might go ahead and buy them anyway just out of general principle.

Grab it, I have two of those Rivera era Concert amps. Have headshells made for the Twins, and there are Lee Jackson mods for those as well I think. The last point to point Fenders. Killer. The Tonemaster cabs came with V30s so why did he switch ?
I think he's just confused pauly....

I used two Rivera-era Concerts in the 80's when they first came out driven by an ADA Stereo Tapped Delay. It was a great setup, though I had high hopes for the overdrive that weren't met. That tells you how old I am--too old to carry Twins and 4x12's! But I expect it'd sound great.

I used two Rivera-era Concerts in the 80's when they first came out driven by an ADA Stereo Tapped Delay. It was a great setup, though I had high hopes for the overdrive that weren't met. That tells you how old I am--too old to carry Twins and 4x12's! But I expect it'd sound great.
Those amps have an unused half a triode (tube)in them, so it can be used as an extra gain stage, or the Lee Jackson mods are out there, or just use a pedal, there are tons out there now.

Back