Reactive load comparison (Captor X, Fractal LB-2 & RedSeven AC)

• Thread starter Deleted member 27494
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27494

I currently have 3 reactive loads in my studio. My current preferred load is the RedSeven Amplification Amp Central but I also own a Two Notes Captor X and Fractal LB-2. They are all great in their own way. Some of them sound a bit better, others have better features etc. I guess every player would have a different preference based on how they use it and what features they require. For me, I just need the one that sounds the best :)

Reactive loads have completely changed my life tbh. Being able to crank my amps at any time without disturbing anyone has been a complete gamechanger. Anyway, here's the comparison, I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts. Which one would you choose and why? Which application would yours have? Studio? Live? etc...

I will have a listen later. Have you ever used any in a reamping (slaving is the old term) situation? That is how I use my Suhr RL and RLIR.

I want to try the driftwood load box

I will have a listen later. Have you ever used any in a reamping (slaving is the old term) situation? That is how I use my Suhr RL and RLIR.

I want to try the driftwood load box

I reamp with my RedSeven all the time but I'm not sure what you meant exactly?

Cool video. I had no idea that the RedSeven had a built in reamper in it. I have three load boxes that all sound different but have always thought that while that difference is there, it doesn't matter that much since I can get them all close with some EQ. Then nerds want to argue about it for whatever reason. I have an Ox, Suhr RL, and Mesa which I think is just a Two Notes in a simpler package. Love 'em all for different reasons.

Is the RedSeven based on any impedance curve? Such as the RL being close to a 4x12 with Greenbacks, and the UA being close to a 1x12 Fender-style, supposedly Two Notes is a more generic scooped curve or something.

Cool video. I had no idea that the RedSeven had a built in reamper in it. I have three load boxes that all sound different but have always thought that while that difference is there, it doesn't matter that much since I can get them all close with some EQ. Then nerds want to argue about it for whatever reason. I have an Ox, Suhr RL, and Mesa which I think is just a Two Notes in a simpler package. Love 'em all for different reasons.

Is the RedSeven based on any impedance curve? Such as the RL being close to a 4x12 with Greenbacks, and the UA being close to a 1x12 Fender-style, supposedly Two Notes is a more generic scooped curve or something.

I think they tweaked their curve by ear to make it work with a wide variety of amps and to feel and sound natural. Loosely based on a greenback/v30, but I'm not 100% sure.

Back