Anyone still making Bias probes?

It seems like items such as the Bias King Pro and Eurotubes Pro One are no longer made.

I'm looking for something like this that includes the meter that isnt on amazon for $239.

Does anyone still make anything like this that is worth a crap?

I'm aware I can just buy some probes and use my own meter but that is a last resort for me.

Have you looked at the Weber ones? I have a single from them but use my own mm. Just like we did. But they make multiprobe versions and I believe with and without built in meters. The multi probe ones would be nice as you can just check everything at once. A little more expensive but Weber is high quality.

Yeah, I just assumed they were discontinued.
I have the regular one you plug into your Multimeter .... but wanted the 2 in 1 ..... but it's not that big a deal to just grab the plate voltage with another multimeter .... unless you are doing a lot of biasing ... then the convenience is definitely worth it

Eurotubes was the only one I knew left that could show plat voltage on pro ones. Website says they have a wait list.

I just hope my compubias doesn’t go down, use it all the time.

I bought a diy one and it measures both. There are three cables and you have to unplug a cable and plug in a different one to switch from cathode current to plate voltage.

It was a tight squeeze fitting all that stuff into a little tube base. I thought I got it from Mojotone but I'll be damned if I can find it now. I'll post if I find it even tho I don't think this what op was hoping for.

Yeah I did check for Bias Rite first. Saw one listed on TGP but he backed out.

Not that it's a need but if I get one of these I do want the Plate voltage reading.

I'll post up once eurotubes responds to the email to show how long the wait list is.

I made my own multiprobe adapter and my own octal bias probes. The adapter I designed is a box you Plug as many two prong octal probes into it as you need and the box allows for anywhere from 1-4 tubes at once. It has a knob that lets you select the cathode current between each tube in real time so you can isolate which tube is biased hot and use that one for your limit, or if your amp has quad bias adjustment, it can handle individual tube bias. It allows you to plug in any multimeter you want to measure the current itself so it’s universal.

To grab plate voltage I just use a second meter. I know how to design for plate voltage measurement but I don’t have that much faith in precision resistors. I’d rather just measure it directly.

I made my own multiprobe adapter and my own octal bias probes. The adapter I designed is a box you Plug as many two prong octal probes into it as you need and the box allows for anywhere from 1-4 tubes at once. It has a knob that lets you select the cathode current between each tube in real time so you can isolate which tube is biased hot and use that one for your limit, or if your amp has quad bias adjustment, it can handle individual tube bias. It allows you to plug in any multimeter you want to measure the current itself so it’s universal.

To grab plate voltage I just use a second meter. I know how to design for plate voltage measurement but I don’t have that much faith in precision resistors. I’d rather just measure it directly.
That sounds pretty awesome. I understand the pv reading comment as well, the tech I use gets mad when I mention these devices lol. Not sure if I remember correctly as I'm a noob but I think it was an oscilloscope he mentioned. Whatever it was he said that's the only real way to measure anything and doesnt like these devices.

But for someone like me it is perfect. Similar to a car noob changing his own oil. Can bias an amp and swap some tubes but that is about as in depth as I can get inside an amp.

Back