Trading non music gear for music gear like a car

frontline205

I always wanted a Mesa Mark IIC+ but I’m not willing to pay the prices people want for them today. However I do have a 1984 Corvette technically the amp is more valuable then the car… any of you guys make a similar trade work on high end gear or would entertain the idea. Years ago I traded a 79 Les Paul Custom for a 79 Trans AM. Sold the Trans am and bought the corvette and a Jackson. So trading the Vette for a high end piece of gear might be going full circle.

Around 2010 or so I traded a Washburn southern cross black back with no case candy I had scored for $3k for a custom tricked out FXR. It was a bro to bro deal and I had to have the bike shipped from Florida to Texas. We knew each other well,so there was no drama. Easy deal. Sold the bike for more than twice what I had in the guitar. Didn't like either the guitar or the bike,but the bro loooved the guitar.

The price for that guitar(even without the case candy)is now ridiculous. Custom Harleys are fairly cheap comparatively because of the chopper craze burning itself out.

If the OG IIC+ is your dream amp,do what it takes to get one. They will only keep going up in value.
Sell the car. Eat cheap. Drive less to save money on gas. No more nights out blowing money on hookers and cocaine(note to self).
A dream piece of gear should be on everyone's bucket list.
Go get one.

I once refurnished a Carvin 6 string fretless bass I got for dirt cheap and traded it for a Smith and Wesson Model 19-4 in nickle with a 6" barrel. It came with the box and paperwork from the mid 70s. I love that gun. It's a blast to shoot (pun intended).

My opinion, based on selling multiple guitars on Craigslist and getting offers for all manner of things: sell the Corvette, use the money to buy the amp. If I'm listing a piece of gear on CL with a price attached, it's because I'm looking for cash.

I always wanted a Mesa Mark IIC+ but I’m not willing to pay the prices people want for them today. However I do have a 1984 Corvette technically the amp is more valuable then the car… any of you guys make a similar trade work on high end gear or would entertain the idea. Years ago I traded a 79 Les Paul Custom for a 79 Trans AM. Sold the Trans am and bought the corvette and a Jackson. So trading the Vette for a high end piece of gear might be going full circle.
What trans? Doug Nash 4+3 or 700R4? How's the Crossfire motor holding up?

I'd trade or sell my IIC+'s for a Tesla or electric vehicle at this point. I never want to pay for gas again. I also feel bizarre owning amps this valuable.

I've tried to trade gear for stuff like dirt bikes in the past, but it's never worked out right. The bikes were always beat to fuck or unused in the past several years.

I'd trade or sell my IIC+'s for a Tesla or electric vehicle at this point. I never want to pay for gas again. I also feel bizarre owning amps this valuable.

I've tried to trade gear for stuff like dirt bikes in the past, but it's never worked out right. The bikes were always beat to fuck or unused in the past several year
Ah Tesla’s are soooo ugly though. I’d probably get a IIC+ at some point it’s the only nice piece of gear I never owned.

Attachments

• DDDF07FA-36BA-4039-87F1-5B5D510F5C3A.jpeg
    DDDF07FA-36BA-4039-87F1-5B5D510F5C3A.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 25
Pretty much mint
Awesome color! I'm surprised the paint is holding up considering no clear coat (if I remember correctly).

I have a '92 Z28 that's just starting to have the clear coat peel off. Bought it 8 years ago with 92k miles. 1st owner had it for 18 years, then shuffled around a few people for a year until I bought it.

What’s the policy on trading “historic firearms” for gear? I’d imagine it’s a no, but I had to ask
on the HCAF days, someone offered to trade me a Hungarian AK-47 for my Single Recto.
Even though i border the east side of detroit, i still declined. :LOL:

Don't know if this counts. I once traded 12 hours studio time for an Ampeg SVT-IV and 4x10 cab. Recorded this cat who wrote a song about Ellen Degeneres. used it to get a tryout on American Idol. He was 28 but they ran him as one of the joke tryouts. I am sorry if you listen to this. you will be cussing me later. lol

ellen song

I used to work at a music store and the owner would trade guitars from time to time with a gun store owner for AR-15’s. One time he traded a reissue jem 777 for a really nice AR

The used car market is heavily inflated right now, and likely not sustainable.

Whether it's by trade or an outright sale, if you're not super attached the vette, now is the time to unload it.

Back