Europe circa 1984

Mr. Willy

This is my favorite iteration/time period of this band. Love “Wings of Tomorrow.” Very eurometal and raw before the polish. Norum is such a freaking beast. See “Treated Bad Again” for some face melting awesomeness.

Reactions: PDC
Thank you for posting this. Yes, this is excellent in every regard. Great songs / riffs, great live mix, killer, killer guitar work.

I hear lots of Moore & Sykes in his playing during this time. Maybe a few nods to Schenker too
Yes! I hear Moore straight up. And that’s awesome. No one played with more sheer attitude than GM, imho. Trying to cop that aggression in rock lead guitar is always a good thing in my book.

I hear lots of Moore & Sykes in his playing during this time. Maybe a few nods to Schenker too
Yup, you can definitely hear they were inspired by Gary....I look at it as both have a lot of Moore influence....II first heard Gary Moore with his blues era stuff and it didn't take TBH...once I later discovered his metal/hard rock years I was hooked. As for Norum, he's a great player and I like a lot of his stuff but the Kee era of Europe is my preference like both eras though.. Both monster players.

Norum is a monster player and I love that he shows his influences in his playing. Moore, Schenker, YJM. They are all right there but he puts his own touch on it and sounds like him.

Back