Anyone still making Bias probes?

I made my own multiprobe adapter and my own octal bias probes. The adapter I designed is a box you Plug as many two prong octal probes into it as you need and the box allows for anywhere from 1-4 tubes at once. It has a knob that lets you select the cathode current between each tube in real time so you can isolate which tube is biased hot and use that one for your limit, or if your amp has quad bias adjustment, it can handle individual tube bias. It allows you to plug in any multimeter you want to measure the current itself so it’s universal.

To grab plate voltage I just use a second meter. I know how to design for plate voltage measurement but I don’t have that much faith in precision resistors. I’d rather just measure it directly.

This is what I do. I measure PV with a multi meter separately.

I just use a bias tool that measures 1 tube at a time. Plugs into my multimeter. 20 bucks 10 years ago. Total/plate voltage just use the multimeter. A little extra time doing each tube separately but I’ve measured all my tubes in my amps (34s in my Marshall; 6l6 in the last Mesa) so I have the numbers on each. Easy to pick a pair/quad now and match them up.

Recently got this one for my buddy $89 free shipping on Amazon, it works flawlessly and test mA readings precisely match my other two units…
Fast and very easy to use,
Great buy👍

D3F07245-BC0E-4700-8B28-E7CEF65ACD16.jpeg

Back