Do different brands of filter caps sound different?

Way back on HC I discussed this and people thought I was crazy until Doug Roccaforte chimed in. I still hear and feel a difference in Marshall amps with the tube covers off..... I prefer them off.

Damn I thought he was joking. 100% testing this tomorrow

Blake make this video !

It could happen. But there will be at least a week in between recording the clips so I’d really have to make sure everything stays the EXACT same. It gets difficult when you think about string life, exact tone control placement in the amp, etc

Would definitely be easier if I was changing them myself but just not comfortable with that yet

It could happen. But there will be at least a week in between recording the clips so I’d really have to make sure everything stays the EXACT same. It gets difficult when you think about string life, exact tone control placement in the amp, etc

Would definitely be easier if I was changing them myself but just not comfortable with that yet
You’re braver than

Yeah if you're paying someone else to do the work its absolutely not worth it. If you wanted to make a meaningful comparison you would have to set things up to record a clip, swap the parts, and then record another clip.

C4167637-B711-4C5E-8513-16B21ED8286E.jpeg

Back