KSR vs REVV Vs OMEGA

How was the clean mod? I love KSR tone but I had to choose between it or my Mark IV and the Mark IV was one of those dream amp deals plus knew I couldnt replace it as easy as a KSR. I didnt use the clean on the Orthos or any amp for that matter so I figured to go with the clean mod.

The KSR crunch is my favorite crunch outside of a Marshall.
The clean mod was good. It was possible to achieve a Fender-ish clean sound with some tweaking on the EQ and feel-knob.
I was hesitant to order an amp in that price range, since I live in Sweden it gets pricey with tolls and taxes, that lacked a clean channel. Even though I rarely use the clean channel, I asked if it was possible to a clean channel like on the Ceres preamp, just volume and tone.
Kyle did me one better and just added a clean mode on the first channel, so it had clean/crunch/lead.

I got the clean mod just to have. I never used the clean on the Orthos as much as I liked the cleans. I ordered in May so I'm hoping it's not going to be too much longer. I just got a ksr 4x12 that I love.

I have a KSR Gemini, Juno, Ares and Omega Granophyre. Good amps. My favorite amps are the Gemini and Juno. I'm hoping Omega comes out with something not as dry feeling, when they do Granophyre will be on the chopping block. I'm thinking about getting rid of the Ares too. Really interested in just having Kyle build me a Colossus.
FYI, the Omega Obsidian is an amp that is built in a partnership together between KSR and Omega. That's why y'all see similarities. The Granophyre is built in Detroit, Michigan at Omegas shop. I know I've been there since I live an hour and a half away. Mike Smith is a great guy, class act. Same as Kyle Rhodes.

You haven't been able to order an Obsidian for quite a while now. Maybe that partnership is over?
There is that possibility. I know that Omega is about to come out with new 412 designs soon. Think about what big name artist plays the Obsidian. It's possible that a signature amp might be on the horizon though. Maybe that's why they are cutting back orders. Other than parts shortages. I know a couple new amps are on the horizon. Also going to be contacting Mike here in the future for possibly some mods on my Granophyre and going to order a nice 412

Back