Alesis Strike 12?

japetus

Well, we blew up the crappy Simmons drum amp we use for our Roland drums. Didn't pay much for it anyway, so we are looking to upgrade to something a *little* better. Anyone ever check out the Alesis Strike 12? It seems to check all the boxes, higher wattage...looks built a little more high quality than the Simmons stuff.

I'd suggest looking at keyboard amps instead. They're the exact same thing as a drum amp, but less expensive so you can get more for your money.

I'd suggest looking at keyboard amps instead. They're the exact same thing as a drum amp, but less expensive so you can get more for your money.
I have looked into that, but it seems like the keyboard amps are actually more expensive for the wattage and speaker size you get.

Just an FYI, I ended up getting one of these (Strike 12).Sounds great, big huge punchy bass, clear highs and sounds big for it's decent footprint and lightweight. I have put Roland drums, bass, and even plugged a Line 6 POD Go into it..and it handled everything great. So far a couple weeks in, I can highly recommend it for anyone looking for something in this vein.
E3A479E4-8A99-49B1-A9BF-09840FBE9E2C.jpeg

Sounds like a winner. Alesis does pretty well at giving you a good bang for your buck. Seems like you could use it as a powered vocal or PA speaker in a pinch if needed.

I use a Mackie thump 12 with my alesis strike kit, its another good option for others looking...

I wonder when that happened.... Keyboard amps used to be ignored and dirt cheap.
Keyboard amps are the FRFR life hack for modelers. They are more full range than most amps, and have to be flat response to represent a full 88 key keyboard accurately. They are fuller and flatter than most PA speakers.

Keyboard amps are the FRFR life hack for modelers. They are more full range than most amps, and have to be flat response to represent a full 88 key keyboard accurately. They are fuller and flatter than most PA speakers.

First they're trying to replace tube amps and make them obsolete. Now they're inflating keyboard amp prices when people used to give them away for beans. Frickin' modelers are ruining everything!!! :mad:

Seriously thought, that makes sense keyboard amps would be a good FRFR alternative to run with a modeler.

Back