Everyone with two or more guitars/amps

I tend to play my Les Paul with a vtm or with a Marshall type amp. I spend that time playing stuff that is away from my normal death metal/thrash/Punk like Thin Lizzy, meatpuppets, pixies, cheap trick, basically non high gain music

I mean let’s be real I get an itch to play one thing for a while and then get an itch to play something else for a while. What I’ve narrowed it down to now amp wise is what I know I’ve spent my life playing or wanting to play. As long as the gear I own sparks the artistic writing and desire to play checkbox, then it’s staying.

i play everything. its why a $40 boost pedal provides hours of fun for me, i have to try it with every guitar and amp and speaker combination possible looking for that magic.

Lately it depends on my mood - I was only a Gibson guy for a long time, but finally started getting into other guitars, so I will grab whatever one I feel like playing. With amps, now that I got my hands on a Wizard MC25, the others amps don't get turned on that often.

It depends, I have some guitars set up for different tunings and some projects I work on I have a certain sound in mind and all of that kind of guides what choices I make. However when just playing around some things I definitely gravitate towards, like Les Paul w/Marshallheads into the JCM 800, and DEFINITELY Tele into my Deluxe Reverb.

For me I've always been a one amp at a time guy. I get my tone and that's it until my taste change. The only time I would give any other amps any significant playing time is if I was tracking and I needed a different flavor from right to left. I generally just buy amps every now and then for the fun of it but my other amps at the moment are collecting dust. Sure I play them from time to time but I much prefer having a constant and for me the amp is generally the constant.

I'd rather spend the money on speakers, pedals or even more guitars.

I do have some guitar/amp combos that work great and try to remember those. But in general its just what I feel like at the time. I go through phases, like right now my les pauls are getting most of the playing time into my fender amp.

Like most on here, I have more gear than I need or can use, but its fun for me and keeps me entertained....

I have many many guitars and 3 amps ... Now I run all 3 amps together at the same time so the answer is yes and yes or no and no hahaha

No. my guitars convey a mood/setting (usually tuning… Rock/Doom/etc.)

One amp is better situated for heavier metal genres, the other is pure rock. Both are expected to fulfill either role, and both accomplish it.

Whatever's mine that's laying around will be fine,thank you.
As long as I have MY guitar picks,I'm good.
I'm so old that I'm more picky about the chair I'm sitting in than anything else.

Depends on my mood really. I have hollowbody, low gain and high gain guitars (pickups) I also have amps with various gain and texture (Marshall, EVH, Fender, etc). I mix and match when I feel inspired, but there are certain pairings that go best together.

Know what? I used to be a 1 guitar guy and 2 or 3 amps my whole life, just now recently i have settled on 2 guitars 2 amps. I would always feel guilty having more than 2.

what guitar do you play to track the most?

Man honestly I guess it depends. My ESP horizon sees a lot of tracking. My SL2 as well. But lately after buying my PRS Custom 24, I want to sell everything and just use PRS guitars haha. My les paul sounds amazing I should play it more, but it was my number 1 every night when I played for a living, so it’s bad it’s time.

I've got 2 heads & 3 combos, used standalone or into cabinets, plus 7 guitars that get played pretty frequently (i won't count the other half dozen that mainly collect dust) and I switch between them constantly. There's only couple of guitar/amp combos within that collection that I'm not crazy about, any other configuration, I can start noodling and get pretty excited about the sound/feel easily enough.

I should probably sell some crap at some point, a few pieces kind of live at our band rehearsal spot, but I've still got way too much to actually justify having all of it.

Back