Peavey 6505 vs Invective 120

• Thread starter Deleted member 27494
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27494

Since I have a Peavey 6505 and an Invective 120 it seemed only natural that I made a comparison between them. I really like both to be honest, they both offer great tones but the Invective is just very flexible and versatile because of all the added features.

The Invective is based on the original block letter 5150 so I was quite curious to see how it compares to my 6505, which of course sounds basically the same as the old 5150s. 'Nuff said, let's see how they compare!

It's hard to beat the Invective but the 6505 does have some serious CHUNK going on and great mids, for the gain tones that is. The cleans on the Invective are better to my ears. Let me know your thoughts, which one would you pick and why based on the sound and/or features.

Since I have a Peavey 6505 and an Invective 120 it seemed only natural that I made a comparison between them. I really like both to be honest, they both offer great tones but the Invective is just very flexible and versatile because of all the added features.

The Invective is based on the original block letter 5150 so I was quite curious to see how it compares to my 6505, which of course sounds basically the same as the old 5150s. 'Nuff said, let's see how they compare!

It's hard to beat the Invective but the 6505 does have some serious CHUNK going on and great mids, for the gain tones that is. The cleans on the Invective are better to my ears. Let me know your thoughts, which one would you pick and why based on the sound and/or features.

Dude, your riffs are fucking sick!🤘

Love the rawness I am hearing in the 6505, so that would be my pick.

I actually have an invective 120 on my repair bench right now. No schematic available of course, not going to be a fun amp to work on once the parts come in.

Much nicer clean tone on the Invective...but I like the 6505 better on everything else...as you noted more open and edgy. The Invective is an incredible value package with all the extra features...I'd probably choose it for that reason and hope I could find the tone I like in it.

Back