Art Bell

Used to listen to Coast to Coast commercial radio broadcasts way back in the day. Regrettably, I never got to communicate with him over Amateur Radio. If memory serves accurately, I believe his ham call was W6OBB. I probably could have QSO'd him easier in a voice mode, but I seldom operated in ham radio voice modes then being primarlily a CW (morse code) OP.

I always enjoyed his commercial broadcast shows. Unfortunately, and sadly enough he had lots of haters. That's quite a long lurid subject all by itself.

Controversial for the time. Haven't researched it to verify, but believe he took a Philippina bride, left the US to Manila. His wife was denied re-entry to USA, and he stayed in the Phillipines for some time. Evidently he returned back to USA before his death (2018?). Seems I remember he died from an accidental overdose of prescription drugs. But he also had been suffering various heath problems for a bit, COPD being one. His lifestyle and behavior were progenitors for much of the flak he was a victim of during the day.

This is all from memory (mine) and may not be totally accurate.

Godspeed Art Bell W6OBB.

You made countless tongues wag incessantly.

I just found out that Spotify has a bunch of Art Bell shows if you search them. I have been listening to them at night when I go to bed, really takes me back to when I was in high school and listening late at night. I knew I had to wake up early for school but I just couldn't stop listening. Kind of interesting to look back and see that a lot of the "crazy conspiracies" of the day turned out to be real. Of course that does not mean he didn't have his fair share of nutbags. It was great stuff.

Last edited:
I used to work the graveyard shift at this little convenience store in the early 90's & listened to his show every night. I especially loved when he did his "Ghost To Ghost" shows on Halloween eve & Halloween night, where all the callers would call in with their real life ghost stories.

I'm not 100% sold, but it is very compelling. I would say I'm 70% positive he's telling the truth.

The stuff he was talking about in the 80's, and 90's pretty much played out later with the USS Nimitz UFO video.
Usually in situations like his, stories start to fall apart over time. In his case...over time all that has happened is a lot of them have been confirmed to be true. People said he was crazy when he described the fingerprint scanners at Area 51. It turned out to be real. Also like a lot of others, his story has never changed. He never claimed to have seen an alien...all he has really claimed is that he witnessed technology that he can't explain how it exists. I am a massive skeptic but for some reason, I believe he saw what he saw. The real origins of "what" he saw though, are anyones guess.

Element 115..........I find the Bob Lazar, Area 51, and all under the penumbra of these general subjects fascinating in my last years here on the planet.

I'm certain many of my peers view me as whacked for having so much interest in all this.

Obviously it may be difficult if not impossible to give credibility to a lot of this stuff without seeing it yourself.

I haven't seen any of it myself, but I'm still keeping an open mind. I cannot accept life on this planet is all there is. Certain pundits would have you believe major governments across the globe have randomly captured and harbor some of this extarordinary technology that's possibly from outside this plant.

I'm hoping for some revelations in my lifetime.

Usually in situations like his, stories start to fall apart over time. In his case...over time all that has happened is a lot of them have been confirmed to be true. People said he was crazy when he described the fingerprint scanners at Area 51. It turned out to be real. Also like a lot of others, his story has never changed. He never claimed to have seen an alien...all he has really claimed is that he witnessed technology that he can't explain how it exists. I am a massive skeptic but for some reason, I believe he saw what he saw. The real origins of "what" he saw though, are anyones guess.

I agree with the story holding together, and strengthening overtime for sure.

Also finding the old phone directory listing for "Bob Lazar" after they claimed he never worked there.

Bob's a smart guy, and a skeptic himself. He's politely calling BS on this part of the interview, as I would as well. However I'm much less polite at calling BS. Take a listen:

I agree with the story holding together, and strengthening overtime for sure.

Also finding the old phone directory listing for "Bob Lazar" after they claimed he never worked there.
It's a fascinating story. At least I think so. This one and others like it make me wonder how many dark projects this government perpetuates, and when they started. We'll never know. Indulge the imagination.

But I come closer to believing the whole alien life theory than others. From multiple religions particular allegory to archeological dipictions of the earliest communication contain extraordinarily similar subject matter. You coud definitely imagine earth has been visted continuously by others not from here, for thousands of years.

It is not hard for me to believe that.

Back