Modeler for practice/gigging

Of course. What I am linking to is an album using all Kempers for every guitar part that to my ear sounds better than any album using all Fractals I have ever heard. Also, Wolf Hoffman is a guy that was kind of known for monster tones much of his career and for him to be a full on convert in studio and live says a lot to me.

Me on the other hand have had my friends FM3 in my home studio and it was good but I didn't reach for my credit card. I have also sold 4 Kempers, 4 different times because I just could not get them to sound in your face no matter what I did. Then I find out that Accept album is all Kempers and I know the "problem" with my 4 different Kempers was me.
Same, one toaster, one rack unit and one stage. Same expeirence across the board. I had a flashdrive full of M Britt (good), Top Jimi (better), Choptones (un useable), Big hairy (un useable) and other profiles that I sampled.

I settled on a Top Jimi Marshall that sounded good but, similar to Fractal they are either massively distorted giving them a full but super compressed tone. When I went for more of a crunch tone they get very thin. To my ears despite what you masy hear post production the Fractal is way more 3d with less compression and dark character.

Bands I know that are using modelors live are not using them in the studio. In any case use what works for ya! :m17:

Of course. What I am linking to is an album using all Kempers for every guitar part that to my ear sounds better than any album using all Fractals I have ever heard. Also, Wolf Hoffman is a guy that was kind of known for monster tones much of his career and for him to be a full on convert in studio and live says a lot to me.

Me on the other hand have had my friends FM3 in my home studio and it was good but I didn't reach for my credit card. I have also sold 4 Kempers, 4 different times because I just could not get them to sound in your face no matter what I did. Then I find out that Accept album is all Kempers and I know the "problem" with my 4 different Kempers was me.
Your last sentence is glaringly important and I am glad you said it. Whatever the gear is, the player needs to be able to extract all that the gear is capable of doing or else you are just revving a Ferrari in park and going nowhere. That said, the Kemper game has definitely increased the last year or two with it updates / upgrades, etc. The stock profiles are better than they get credit for and there are some people making great and usable profiles, especially on the heavy tone side.

I know we all love to preach what we have if it works for us….
But anyone putting out their hard earned coins needs to seriously consider … the QC can do stereo amps, multiple amps in series / blended / profiled OD boxes etc… plus it sounds better.

Watch these videos with good speakers and listen to fluffs take on the qc vs kemper. Pretty dead on my experience with each.

The kemper been an amazing tool but it was never inspiring enough to make me ditch my amp. The QC is that much closer to the real deal that I don’t bring my amp out any more. It inspires playing. In my hands / to my ears it’s not close.

first thought was a yamaha thr10ii... that's exactly what this thing is designed to do. you can use it as an amp, a pedal platform, a clean ss power amp, a bluetooth speaker. and the ampsims even sounds great..

You can get great tones out of any of these devices. They all can sound fantastic.

Are the Quad Cortex units still on backorder and are the used ones still going for insane prices (above retail)?

Are the Quad Cortex units still on backorder and are the used ones still going for insane prices (above retail)?

Mine just came in today. I noticed that they were all in stock up here north of the border at the various larger shops and picked one up. I borrowed one of my friend's units for a week while he was on holiday and I really liked it.

Back