Rockinchippy 2022 Cameron Amps Rig Rundown

The interesting part for me is how Mark knows and acknowledges he stole people’s money. But more interesting is that it seems like nobody ever went after him. Don’t tell me the guy can’t be found, they found Saddam in a spider hole. Just odd all around.

I don’t have any issue with the Rockinchippy guy or what amps he chooses to buy. But I am not super involved in Rig Talk either, usually a lurker.
The interesting part for me is how Mark knows and acknowledges he stole people’s money. But more interesting is that it seems like nobody ever went after him. Don’t tell me the guy can’t be found, they found Saddam in a spider hole. Just odd all around.

I don’t have any issue with the Rockinchippy guy or what amps he chooses to buy. But I am not super involved in Rig Talk either, usually a lurker.

I have a big problem with folks enabling the cancer that is Mark Cameron by continuing to send him work or buying amps off him when he flat out committed fraud, theft, you name it….I just hope someone holds Cameron’s balls to the fire and he makes things right for every customer he screwed. One amp a month or 2 months seems doable. And anyone still within the statute of limitations needs to have this guy served immediately.
Don’t worry
I found him when he was working at Bogner
A Blood Eagle was considered

It's so much worse in this when it comes to classical guitars. The best players can't afford the really great guitars because the equivalent of say a Wizard or C+ would start at least $35,000 and up, so they mostly go to rich guys who maybe are lawyers or on Wall Street. Some here and there let the great players borrow them for certain gigs or recordings. The other problem is with electric guitar if you can at least play a powerchord you can make most amps sound at least pretty good with just that, but in classical guitar if you don't have great right hand technique (which most of those rich guys don't at all) they can't make any guitar sound even decent. It's quite sad
I have a friend who is an excellent wood worker and guitar player. He made a few classical guitars himself. If memory serves me correctly, he used 1850 Torres plans. The top was literally like 1 millimeter thick around the outsides. Bracing was unique and didn’t inhibit the top from vibrating. The guitar top was basically a drum and would react to the players touch. You could make it super loud or very quiet with your fingers. Of course it would pick up every imperfection in your playing.

@Wizard of Oz

Do you remember the pics Rich posted of those classical guitars he made?

I have a friend who is an excellent wood worker and guitar player. He made a few classical guitars himself. If memory serves me correctly, he used 1850 Torres plans. The top was literally like 1 millimeter thick around the outsides. Bracing was unique and didn’t inhibit the top from vibrating. The guitar top was basically a drum and would react to the players touch. You could make it super loud or very quiet with your fingers. Of course it would pick up every imperfection in your playing.
Hm that must've been a very early Torres. I believe he started learning how to build guitars in the 1840's, but of course this isn't too well documented. I've played a few Torres's and the good ones do have a real warmth and sweetness that is unique to only guitars I've tried from the 1910's and earlier, but not as complex or varied in what they can do tonally as the Hauser's or Romanillos's that came later. The Smallman's I know have super thin tops where if you lightly tap with your pinky it can still potentially poke a hole through it (I know a guy who's done it lol). I find the Smallman's and other more modern style guitars seem to only sound loud and similar in volume whether you play light or more aggressively, but more traditional ones like Torres are the other way usually. This 1949 Hauser I played last year was for me still the best guitar I've tried and had the biggest range of dynamics, color, complexity, clarity, just amazing, but I don't have $200k to buy it lol

Last edited:
Fake news? Love your setup!

Yes, pure fiction. I have had tons of positive interactions with Pete at NaMM. For anyone who knows him, he’s not capable of being mean to anyone let alone tell anyone to F off.

In my early NaMM days, I didn’t really know how to interact with people I admired. I was socially awkward. Since then, I’ve met a lot of my guitar heros and it’s way more natural and I’ve come to realize they are just regular people and want to be treated as such. I’ve had to reign in my inner fanboy

Yes, pure fiction. I have had tons of positive interactions with Pete at NaMM. For anyone who knows him, he’s not capable of being mean to anyone let alone tell anyone to F off.

In my early NaMM days, I didn’t really know how to interact with people I admired. I was socially awkward. Since then, I’ve met a lot of my guitar heros and it’s way more natural and I’ve come to realize they are just regular people and want to be treated as such. I’ve had to reign in my inner fanboy
Go onto Pete’s FB regular social media pages. He is overly political.

@Wizard of Oz

Do you remember the pics Rich posted of those classical guitars he made?

Vaguely. I remember Rich was really impressed with the concept and the quality the guy put in to them. Cool idea.

Whatever happened to Rich... and for that matter... Scott, Herc/Mike and the rest of the crew from over there????

Those were good times and a good group.

Vaguely. I remember Rich was really impressed with the concept and the quality the guy put in to them. Cool idea.

Whatever happened to Rich... and for that matter... Scott, Herc/Mike and the rest of the crew from over there????

Those were good times and a good group.
I was really close with Rich (heck, his wife did the blessing before dinner at my wedding). As time passed and I had kids, I haven't spoken to him in like 8 years. We still exchange Christmas cards. He also moved in the past year and sent a card. I guess I should call or stop by...

I last spoke to Scott 6-8 years ago as well. I bought an Archer pedal from him and I didnt know that it would have so much hiss, so I thought it was broken. He took it back and never spoke to me again. Had I known the Klon design was so noisy ,I'd have kept it. I guess he was really mad at me?

Herc, Ed and Wolftone, etc.... I havent heard from them since the forum closed down. I still smile when I see Wolftone's success. I remember when he would rewind stuff for almost nothing when he first started out. You might remember his Marshall Head pickups are based off of Rich's 9k PAF's he has in his 57 Gold top. I remember practicing with a band we were in and using the 57 while playing Metallica, Helloween, Yngwie, Megadeth, etc. Rich was using a 55 custom. :ROFLMAO: Sorry for the rant. Feels like yesterday, although is was like 15+ years ago. Fuck, where did the time go?

I was really close with Rich (heck, his wife did the blessing before dinner at my wedding). As time passed and I had kids, I haven't spoken to him in like 8 years. We still exchange Christmas cards. He also moved in the past year and sent a card. I guess I should call or stop by...

I last spoke to Scott 6-8 years ago as well. I bought an Archer pedal from him and I didnt know that it would have so much hiss, so I thought it was broken. He took it back and never spoke to me again. Had I known the Klon design was so noisy ,I'd have kept it. I guess he was really mad at me?

Herc, Ed and Wolftone, etc.... I havent heard from them since the forum closed down. I still smile when I see Wolftone's success. I remember when he would rewind stuff for almost nothing when he first started out. You might remember his Marshall Head pickups are based off of Rich's 9k PAF's he has in his 57 Gold top. I remember practicing with a band we were in and using the 57 while playing Metallica, Helloween, Yngwie, Megadeth, etc. Rich was using a 55 custom. :ROFLMAO: Sorry for the rant. Feels like yesterday, although is was like 15+ years ago. Fuck, where did the time go?

Rich... GrynchMob... and Ed A. were a few of the people that got me in to using Gibson Historic LPs for metal. Gut the wiring and put in some hot pickups and I'm 100% good to go.

Rich is a cool guy with a lot of stories and a wealth of knowledge and experience. Tell him to drop in here... and I said hi.

I remember Wolf's old ads on that forum and the other place... but his pups are 100% legit. I've owned and still own a fews sets and they hold their own with anything else around on the market.

I wish that place was still around, cool peeps, cool groove and great place.

Time has flow by, that's for sure. 20 years feels like the blink of an eye. Scary. Too too fast.

Last edited:
Back