Morton switches from Jackson to Gibson

I heard Hetfield is getting a signature Gibson as well... based on the '84 Explorer he used to record Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets with. I think it's coming equipped with passives too.
I got a Chubtone being built that is similar to the 84. Solid black with 25.5 inch neck but 22 frets. Mine will have Scottosan's pickups in it. I'm not a big Hatfield fan but had I known this was in the works I may have waited. Although I'm willing to bet I'm going to be way more happy with mine vs a Gibson. I'm not a Gibson hater at all and love my LP Classic.

I'm glad to see Gibson go after more heavier artists. I wish they would give Bill Steer his own custom. He is playing LP Jr. Type guitars in Carcass which could be an untapped market for those type guitars.

True, not as much gain on tap as other Boogie’s, but takes to boosts extremely well, better than most amps I’ve had with being receptive to them
I didn't get a chance to try it with a boost but I got the impression that it would have taken them nicely. Having the Monomyth and a Mark IV at the time I just didn't like it well enough for it to get on my shopping list. I do love the idea of identical channels that you can set however you would like. I wish more amps had 2 channels with this functionality

I didn't get a chance to try it with a boost but I got the impression that it would have taken them nicely. Having the Monomyth and a Mark IV at the time I just didn't like it well enough for it to get on my shopping list. I do love the idea of identical channels that you can set however you would like. I wish more amps had 2 channels with this functionality
Hah I was kinda the opposite. I kept the Badlander and not the Monomyth, but it was great too. With a boost it’s one the nastiest sounding amps I’ve had. The 2 channels don’t actually sound identical (just same labels/layout). I prefer the red channel for gain and the cleans on the green. The more scooped nature of that channel imo suits the cleans a little better for me. More fender-y

I know when he worked with Jackson on the Dominion, he was trying to replicate the LP he was recording with. As close as he could anyways.

Back